Monitor for the 5D MkII - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 17th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Barker View Post
Does that Marshall Monitor work well in bright sunlight?
There isn't a monitor in this world that works well in sunlight without a shade. I even keep the shade on indoors too.

-- peer
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Major Player

so should i just get a hood for the onboard 5d lcd screen or get a monitor and hood as well to see bigger and focus better?
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
so should i just get a hood for the onboard 5d lcd screen or get a monitor and hood as well to see bigger and focus better?
If you don't really need an external monitor, I would highly recommend a Zacuto Z-Finder.

-- peer
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Styles View Post
I have been more then happy using the marshall v-lcd70xp-hdmi monitor. Peaking,false colors, etc. Makes shooting with the 5D II so much easier.
Hey guys, does this Marshall work well for manual focusing?
One thing I am wondering about is that if you are only seeing a standard resolution image, can you be sure your HD 1080p image is properly focused?
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Hey guys, does this Marshall work well for manual focusing?
One thing I am wondering about is that if you are only seeing a standard resolution image, can you be sure your HD 1080p image is properly focused?
The LCD screen on the 5DII only has a resolution of 640x480 pixels even using a Zacuto loupe just makes those pixels bigger but people still manage to focus OK.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #21
Major Player

The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x goes right onto the 5d LCD screen which is better then 640x480 as far as I know.....would that be a good solution for focusing well, and having the screen shaded from sunlight?
...and cheaper then the Marshall
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x goes right onto the 5d LCD screen which is better then 640x480 as far as I know.....would that be a good solution for focusing well, and having the screen shaded from sunlight? ...and cheaper then the Marshall
For some corporate gigs I've been doing, I've used both a monitor (V5600) and a Z-Finder. I've even used the Z-Finder on top of the monitor just to find & set follow focus marks, (as you know, when HDMI is connected, the LCD shuts off).

-- peer
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #23
Major Player

Is the 5d LCD screen onboard lcd higher resolution then the video output while recording?
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Quote:
The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x goes right onto the 5d LCD screen which is better then 640x480 as far as I know.....would that be a good solution for focusing well, and having the screen shaded from sunlight?
...and cheaper then the Marshall
The 5DII LCD screen is definitely only 640x480 pixels. Canon rather deceptively quote all their LCD viewing screens in 'dots' so the 5DII is '920,000 dot resolution' that is 640x480x3(for the R,G & B 'dots'). On this web page they do also refer to the 'High-res 3.0” VGA LCD' http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...OS_5D_Mark_II/.

Last edited by Nigel Barker; August 26th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #25
Major Player

So is the monitor output actually better res then the onboard lcd????
Silas Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD