My FCP Workflow - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Evan,

We found the same thing the Picture Style Editor user interface is worthless. I'm going to make another thread for the PSE.
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Evan,

What software/process did you use to create your curves in the pictures above? I thought I'd be able to do that in the PSE, but we're finding it to be less than user friendly.
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #33
Major Player

The example is from Color, unfortunately I've had no luck getting similar results in the picture style editor.
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #34
Inner Circle

My math whiz son and I got something working in PSE. We're dealing with software installs and such right now, but once we get our tools set, we'll choose the best profiles and post the results in the PSE thread.
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #35
Regular Crew

I found a workaround, but I have to admit its pretty hardware intensive.

I take the hdmi out signal from the 5d, go thru a convergent design konvertor which transfers the hdmi signal to Hd-SDI, and take that signal into the Backmagic HD capturing card.

Then I capture the signal to apple prores.

I admit its bizarre, and you could do it cheaper with a hdmi capture card from blackmagic, not to mention that you are losing all the nonlinear advantages of tapless recording.....

But in the end thats a way to get the signal into finalcut without the 16-235 problem.
Looks exactly like the hdmi output of the 5d
Holger Neuhaeuser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD