Can 5D2 30p turn into decent 24p? You be the judge... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Shires View Post
Barlow, just out of curiosity, what adapter are you using to mate Nikon lens to the EOS body?
I'm not sure about Barlow, but we bought a Fotodiox Pro from ebay, and are happy with the results. The mounting surfaces are metal, and there is a retention mechanism, so the Nikon lens won't rotate off. It was recommended by somebody who claimed to try out a number of adapters, and I'm happy with the purchase.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #32
New Boot

Fotodiox Adapter - Michael Schoenfeld

Hello Jon,

Michael Schoenfeld here,

Barlow and I are using the Fotodiox adapter on three of the four Nikon mount lenses we are using with the 5DMKII - the other one is from Cameraquest (the owner Stephen Gandy is a little "Unique", to say the least).

I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work to "hack" the settings for manual control!

Barlow and I are trying to do our part to help out - he is quite the analytical mind, as are you.

Thanks again,

Michael Schoenfeld

michael schoenfeld : 801.532.2006
Michael Schoenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Thanks, Michael,

BTW, nice photos on your site. Portfolios One and Two are especially compelling.
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Dahlberg View Post
I've heard that too Ralf, but Apple stopped developing Shake a while back, and given they're both Apple products, Compressor may be sharing the same technology.
Josh,
In case it is useful to you, Shake was just updated a few weeks back to 4.1.1 - seems there is still life in there and it suggest that there may be a full update at some point soon?
Nick.
Nick Wilcox-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #35
Major Player

trying to view the clip, but it's asking for a password.

i am on a quest to find some sort of workflow for a 24P solution for the 5dmkII. my goal is to shoot my next feature film completely with the 5dmkII, we'll see what comes first... a firmware update or decent workarounds or the scarlet.
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD