whatever happen to LYTECAP? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

whatever happen to LYTECAP?

I know LYTECAP has be mentioned a few times on this forum. Im curious to know what happen to it? Did anyone ever try any tests with it? I know one problem was that lytecap coud only fit in front of the HV30/20 cameras...

Can lytecap be placed infront of a step down ring to make a dark seal from surrounding light. Then one can there adjustment as needed?

anyone?
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Tourist

Who knows?

I tried ordering from them several days ago, but I haven't heard anything, even though their website it still up and running. I hope the guy didn't give up the project. I'd really like one.
Will Kalkhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm currently toying with the idea of using a puck lite - one of those battery operated "dome" lights that you'd put in a closet. I'm asking a friend to put a potentiamoter on it in order to get different levels. So far we're only in the "This Could Work" stage and have no practical results.
The only thing I've found is that it seems to work best when the lens is filled with light, rather than a smaller "hot spot."
I just wish I knew more about all this. I'm really challenged when it comes to exposure and tricking cameras...
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Tourist

Cool idea! Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty sure Lytecap is vaporware now. (Least they could do is take the website down.) Anyway, I'm getting better/faster at finding my HV30's "sweet spot" (1/48 shutter speed, f2.8 aperture) with available sources of light, and then adjusting exposure or using filters as needed.
Will Kalkhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Tourist

Lytecap is alive and well!

I eat my own words. Just heard from the guy who makes Lytecap. While the response time was a tad slow, the business is still up and running. The price has gone up a few bucks, but certainly not unreasonably so. Anyway, I spoke to soon in suggesting that Lytecap might have become vaporware. My apologies.
Will Kalkhoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD