Redrock Micro DSLR Cinema Rig: Setup and Experiences at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Redrock Micro DSLR Cinema Rig: Setup and Experiences

Hello,

Just got my Canon 5D MK II and shot my first video with it filming elephant seals in Cambria and San Simeon, CA last week. Wonderful experience! Now, I have just received my Redrock Micro DSLR Cinema Bundle. Looking forward to using it...

Can anyone point me to any posts on or provide us with any detailed set up instructions preferably with visuals of the rig? Only setup guide included was of the matte box. I've perused other sites but no go so far as to a handy set up guide. It'd be great if someone had the time to post here with the info?

Also, can anyone chime in on their experiences with the rig?

Any info will be greatly appreciated, and hats off and kudos to Chris Hurd for setting this most useful forum up!

Thanks,

Dan
----
Daniel Berube
BOSFCPUG
Boston Final Cut Pro User Group - Home
Daniel Berube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Dan

We just uploaded our setup tutorial for the Redrock DSLR Cinema Bundle on our vimeo channel at vimeo.redrockmicro.com

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Excellent!

This is excellent, Brian! I'll get right to viewing this in a bit...than you for this resource.

Dan
Daniel Berube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Major Player

I've been promising Brian that I'll post some pics of my 5DMii rig for about 2 weeks now - and I will. But fortunately for me, I got buried in a project using that very rig.
Let me say that the FollowFocus alone was an awesome thing to have. I also have the RR-MatteBox, so my rig looked mighty impressive on the shoot.
Changing lenses was sweet with the swing door. I only used my Nikon 105mm and 55mm lenses for the shoot, and had the gear rings pre-mounted. Just open the mattebox door, loosen the FF, remove and store Lens A, install lens B, tighten FF, close door, ready to shoot. So nice.
Photos to come.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD