lighting matters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

lighting matters

Hi
I wanted to shoot a lit interview with my 5d2 so my mate said he would participate. He is also a cameraman as you will see and was interested to see the results. I'd love your feedback. Already going to apologise for the editing though as I used iMovie which I really don't like. Anyway enough excuses. Here's the link
Lighting matters on Vimeo
All the best
mark
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Major Player

The picture quality was, of course, great!
The audio was driving me a bit nuts with the creeping hiss, but hey, that's our 5D2.
I look forward to seeing the site. A refresher course is always welcome, plus, it sounds like I'll find new stuff there as well.

Best of luck on the new site endeavor.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Mark,

Sound matters too. Were you aware that the dialog is only on the left channel? Also, this should really be in HD, if possible.

That said, the lighting setups shown are truly impressive.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Mark,

Looks great! If I were in England, I'd be tempted to sign up for a course. Would be curious to learn the lighting setup you used.

Echoing Jon, the audio in the right channel was nil.

BTW, what's the jazz number playing at the end? It's excellent.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

lighting Matters

Hi
Thanks for your comments. The sound was recorded direct onto the 5d2 using a Sony ECM77. I plugged it through a SQN mixer so that I could set the levels properly but because the 5d2 uses its Auto gain Control you get that hiss ( I assume). I don't think that I can do anything about it in iMovie likewise with the situation that it's only on the left hand channel as it's recorded in mono on the camera it seems to only go down on one track in iMovie . I guess if I had Final cut pro I could have put the sound on both tracks and also probably done something about the hiss. The Jazz track is one of the sample tracks from Garageband called "Buddy" & finally I have been trying to upgrade it to HD on Vimeo but it hasn't done it. Any Tips? Thanks once again for your comments.
All the best
Mark
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD