DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Neo Scene 1.1.2 (Win) with better 5D support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/144787-neo-scene-1-1-2-win-better-5d-support.html)

David Newman February 27th, 2009 06:41 PM

Neo Scene 1.1.2 (Win) with better 5D support

We have uploaded a new release of Neo Scene today that handles the camera's dynamic range in a much or convenient way, avoiding those crush blacks and clipped highlights. We have extended the trial another 7-days for those who have tried the tool before.

Neo Scene

Mark Hahn February 27th, 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1019710)
We have uploaded a new release of Neo Scene today that handles the camera's dynamic range in a much or convenient way, avoiding those crush blacks and clipped highlights. We have extended the trial another 7-days for those who have tried the tool before.

Neo Scene

Yo' the man.

Marc Fairorth February 27th, 2009 07:58 PM

David,

I had tried NeoScene a few weeks ago, with good success. I saw your posting here and wanted to trial the new version. I filled out the form and clicked submit, but nothing happens (no download, no message), I'm just left on the same page.

Is there a restriction against re-downloading if your download trial has expired?

Thanks,

Marc

Dylan Couper February 27th, 2009 08:09 PM

W00t! just downloaded the old version, but will test drive the new one. Thanks David!

Mark Hahn February 27th, 2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Neo Scene

The file is identical to the one I downloaded on 2/22:

Name: NEO-Player-3.4.9.193-Setup.exe
Size: 4,656

The place I just downloaded it from (CineForm NEO Player) says "Updated Jan 27, 2009: Download NEO Player (Windows):".

Edit: (reason stupidity). I downloaded the "player" again, which contrary to the message above did not change. I'll go get Neo Scene now.

Mark Hahn February 27th, 2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Fairorth (Post 1019745)
David,

I had tried NeoScene a few weeks ago, with good success. I saw your posting here and wanted to trial the new version. I filled out the form and clicked submit, but nothing happens (no download, no message), I'm just left on the same page.

Is there a restriction against re-downloading if your download trial has expired?

Thanks,

Marc

You've probably figured this out by now, but there is no indication anything happens when you submit the form and then the link is sent via email. They make great video software but could use a few improvements on their website.

David Newman February 27th, 2009 10:07 PM

Yes we are actively work to replaces our stale website, lot of progress behind the scenes. The download link comes as an email -- I have tested that from home and it is working fine.

Marc Fairorth February 27th, 2009 10:30 PM

Thanks Mark! Yep, email was waiting for me.

David, don't sweat the website too much -- concentrate on making great software for the 5D2!!

Marc

Chris Barcellos February 28th, 2009 02:03 AM

This film was edited using 5D and latest Neo Scene

Went out to test my new 5D2 today, and when I returned, found the new NeoScene info. I downloaded and used for this test edit....

The Couple on Vimeo

YouTube - TheCouple

Thane Brooker February 28th, 2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Neo Scene

Hi, I thought the previous (week ago) release handled 5D files without crushed blacks and clipped highlights. How does the transcoding of 5D files technically differ between this and the recent release?

Thanks.

Keith Paisley February 28th, 2009 12:31 PM

First of all, a quick kudos to the Cineform crew: thank you for working to making this product better.

That said, I have just installed it and have passed through a test clip. I compared this newly transcoded file with an example of that same clip that had been processed with 1.1 and the histograms (and individual frames in the file) appear absolutely identical on the vegas timeline. Is that how it should be?

I checked the version of cfhd.dll that's installed in my windows/system32 folder and it's dated 2/27/09, with properties showing File Version 4.7.0.328 and a product version of 1, 1, 2, 110, so I assume this is the correct codec.

David Newman February 28th, 2009 04:50 PM

Vegas Pro is the one exception as it wasn't having issues before. Vegas uses studio RGB which places black at 16,16,16 not 0,0,0, as a resulting all the YUV 0-255 data is presented in RGB. All other tools use compter graphics RGB (Premiere Pro and Elements, AE, VirtualDub, MediaPlayer etc.) which stretch the 16-235 YUV to 0-255 RGB, lossing highlight and shadow detail for the Canon (now fixed in NeoScene 1.1.2.)

David Newman February 28th, 2009 05:19 PM

Added an blog entry to explain what we did in Neo Scene 1.1.2 to improve the dynamic range and editability : CineForm Insider: New Canon 5D Mk-II support with Neo Scene 1.1.2

Mike Hannon February 28th, 2009 06:05 PM

This build is crashing Explorer again!

In Premiere CS3 I tried exporting a JPEG sequence animation I'm working on to a Cineform AVI. It exported fine but the resulting file crashes Explorer if I try to do anything with it.

I also tried rendering my timeline to Cineform files and it got about 75% of the way through before Premiere crashed and shut down. On restarting the project the rendered files still had a red bar through them on the timeline. Trying to import the rendered files from the preview folder would again crash Premiere and Explorer?

Anyone else with this problem?

I had removed the previous trial of Neoscene and all Cineform folders and registry keys, before installing the latest version.

And I don't have Nero installed. I know this was causing issues for others

David Newman February 28th, 2009 06:36 PM

The previous issue with explorer crashing is not in this version, as it was due to a bug in a third party protection warpping that we are no longer using. You only need to remove cfhd.dll from windows/system32 (removed automatically with an installed anyway.) So you are describing something else. Export a short sequence that does it, and email it to me (dnewman@ci....)