DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Help with Nikon to Canon lens mount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/144867-help-nikon-canon-lens-mount.html)

Jim Miller March 1st, 2009 10:24 AM

Help with Nikon to Canon lens mount

Ok - I've searched until my carpel tunnel nerve froze up so I need your help.

I finally bought a 5D MKII and now realize the limitations of the Canon lenses for manual control. I have several old Nikon AF Nikkor lenses (50 1.8, 28 2.8, and 35-80 4-5.6) that i want to use.

Has anyone used these lenses? And most important what nikon to canon lens mount will work? Novoflex from B&H seems high at $270 . Any recommendations from someone that has actually done this are appreciated.

Mike Hannon March 1st, 2009 12:49 PM

Hi Jim,

I bought this adapter that I switch between lenses and I'm very pleased with it. It seems to be a bit cheaper from their ebay shop than on their site:

eBay.ie: Fotodiox Nikon Lens-Canon EOS Mount Adapter Pro-Series (item 220367258684 end time 05-Mar-09 17:47:19 GMT)

I also bought a crappy cheap one and it does work perfectly, but tends to get stuck from time to time. The Fotodiox one is way less finicky and I have more confidence in it.

So I guess there are two routes you can take, buy one good adapter and switch every time you change lens, or buy a bunch of cheap ones and leave them on permanently (you would also need to get additional Canon rear lens caps for this)

Chris Barcellos March 1st, 2009 01:50 PM

I went cheap route, bought the Kawa $16.00 net. The seem to be pretty solid, and lens changes go pretty smooth. Al my lenses are pre auto focus vintage, so I am not sure how that affects you..

Olof Ekbergh March 1st, 2009 02:10 PM

Adorama has one for $49.95.

It works fine and seems quite rugged.

I use it on a Nikon 50 1.4 AIS lens, It will actually focus a little past infinity, and that is fine by me.

They call the adapter:ADOR NIKON/CANON EOS BODY ADAPTER.

Jim Giberti March 1st, 2009 06:23 PM

Jim, just search this forum, you'll find all of the answers you need. Search my name and look for the thread I started on affordable adapters. Don't waste your money on $50-$270 adapters...there's no need.

Jim Miller March 2nd, 2009 10:16 AM

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate the quick response from everyone. I went ahead and ordered what I think is the kawa ($6.99) from ebay shipping from HK. Total price is around $12.00 with shipping and insurance.

I'll let everyone know how it works out in about two weeks.

Chris Barcellos March 2nd, 2009 11:44 AM

Kawa's I ordered came out of Texas, and were here within 5 days.

Greg Joyce March 2nd, 2009 01:25 PM

I got 2 Kawas for a total of about $32 -- the shipping charge equalled the cost of the adapters, but that still makes 'em $16 each and they both work just fine. I'm an SLR newbie so I have nothing to compare it to, but they seem like a solid fit to me.