Help with Nikon to Canon lens mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Help with Nikon to Canon lens mount

Ok - I've searched until my carpel tunnel nerve froze up so I need your help.

I finally bought a 5D MKII and now realize the limitations of the Canon lenses for manual control. I have several old Nikon AF Nikkor lenses (50 1.8, 28 2.8, and 35-80 4-5.6) that i want to use.

Has anyone used these lenses? And most important what nikon to canon lens mount will work? Novoflex from B&H seems high at $270 . Any recommendations from someone that has actually done this are appreciated.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Jim,

I bought this adapter that I switch between lenses and I'm very pleased with it. It seems to be a bit cheaper from their ebay shop than on their site:

eBay.ie: Fotodiox Nikon Lens-Canon EOS Mount Adapter Pro-Series (item 220367258684 end time 05-Mar-09 17:47:19 GMT)

I also bought a crappy cheap one and it does work perfectly, but tends to get stuck from time to time. The Fotodiox one is way less finicky and I have more confidence in it.

So I guess there are two routes you can take, buy one good adapter and switch every time you change lens, or buy a bunch of cheap ones and leave them on permanently (you would also need to get additional Canon rear lens caps for this)
Mike Hannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I went cheap route, bought the Kawa $16.00 net. The seem to be pretty solid, and lens changes go pretty smooth. Al my lenses are pre auto focus vintage, so I am not sure how that affects you..
Old March 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Sponsor: Westside AV

Adorama has one for $49.95.

It works fine and seems quite rugged.

I use it on a Nikon 50 1.4 AIS lens, It will actually focus a little past infinity, and that is fine by me.

They call the adapter:ADOR NIKON/CANON EOS BODY ADAPTER.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Jim, just search this forum, you'll find all of the answers you need. Search my name and look for the thread I started on affordable adapters. Don't waste your money on $50-$270 adapters...there's no need.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate the quick response from everyone. I went ahead and ordered what I think is the kawa ($6.99) from ebay shipping from HK. Total price is around $12.00 with shipping and insurance.

I'll let everyone know how it works out in about two weeks.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Kawa's I ordered came out of Texas, and were here within 5 days.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I got 2 Kawas for a total of about $32 -- the shipping charge equalled the cost of the adapters, but that still makes 'em $16 each and they both work just fine. I'm an SLR newbie so I have nothing to compare it to, but they seem like a solid fit to me.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD