Redrock Follow Focus and Shoulder mount. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Chung View Post
Sean,

I'm not sure exactly how much the whole rig is but prices in asia seem to be about the same as on the Zacuto website. Here's a pic of the rig, I still need to add shoulder support parts and there needs to be some kind of way to move the camera forward for shorter lenses but I think it's all solvable. I'll post more tomorrow.

Dan
Dan,
first: I am your BIG fan!
Your short stories are amazing... I have been following them since you posted a first one done with 5D MKII on Vimeo...
I do have Genus wide angle matte box. I got it dirt cheap (1/2 regular price) on eBay last fall for my EX1 set up. I loved the small size and lightweight.
Than I got 5D in January and I started using it with Genus matte box. I also added Vanguard Tru-grip at the bottom for hand holding it. It works great. Only issue is that once I got follow focus (eventually) I will have to add Manfrotto 357 sliding plate to offset camera body position on the base in order to mount follow focus when using very small Nikkor AIS prime lenses lenses.
If there is interest, I can post the image of the "rig"...

Cheers from Toronto.
Steven S. Miric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Red rock

I hear you Derek. I placed mine a few weeks ago and haven't heard a word on shipping. I also inquired this morning because it has been very challenging to find what I believe to be the correct parts to work with my 5D. I believe I bought an extra part and asked if I could substitute something of equal value for this part I don't need and was told that I would probably need that part in the future and it was good to have. No option for getting what I actually need. This company is a little crazy.
Jon Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #18
Major Player

Steven,

Thanks for the compliment. I've started a new thread on the Genus here http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-eos...tebox-rig.html so as not to confuse this Redrock thread any more. I'd love to see pix of your rig, that grip looks interesting.

Jon,

I think there are some minor improvements for the Redrock in the works that might be why your order is a little delayed. What did you order. I noticed their new v2 follow focus is ow available and I'm glad I waited to order.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Red rock

Thanks for the info Dan. I must say that I am a huge fan as well and seeing some of your video helped push me in the direction of the 5D. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some new material from you in the near future.

Any word on the new Beachtek for the 5D?
Jon Carr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD