DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Nikon lens adapter problems :( (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/145161-nikon-lens-adapter-problems.html)

James Hurst March 5th, 2009 08:16 AM

Nikon lens adapter problems :(

Hi

Just got the MK2 today and I have attached the lens adapter so I can use my Nikons. However I have 2 really annoying problems.
Firstly the Nikon lenses that go on are great, but every time I go to detach the lens it takes the adapter off the camera with it. Is there a way around this without having to buy adapters for each lens?
Secondly as mentioned in previous posts I have a couple of faster lenses which all have the protruding flange thing. Now I don't want to file it down so is there a way of buying a more protruding lens adapter which would in effect add a few millimeters which is all I need?

Chris Barcellos March 5th, 2009 11:44 AM

James:

By adding a few millimeters of thickness to an adapter, you will affect the focusing of the lens/camera combination. In essence, its like adding an extension tube for closeup photography. You lose infinity focus by doing so. I bought multiple $16 adapters from EBay (Kawa) and they work fine. You don't don't even realize there is an adapter after you start using them. I keep them on the lenses I will use most, but can switch to another lens, if I need to.

Of my 6 older Nikon lenses, I had to file down 1. I used a pair of metal snips, and filed the flange down completely. I painted any shiny metal showing, avoid incidental flare. Since I don't have an Nikon still film camera or even one of the DSLRs, I wasn't worried about it, so I don't know if it will effect use there.

James Hurst March 5th, 2009 12:27 PM

Cheers Chris

Yeah I thought that would effect the whole camera / lens combination, Guess I'll just have to hak up the old lens. Oh Well.

I'm pleased I'm not the only one with the adapter ring rotate problem. Better get another 6 nikon adapter rings it is then :(

That said the camera is awesome!!!

James

Chris Barcellos March 5th, 2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hurst (Post 1022808)
Cheers Chris

That said the camera is awesome!!!

James

yes, it is !

Toenis Liivamaegi March 6th, 2009 10:49 AM

Adapter for each lens and while you are at it buy as many rear caps for Canon EOS lenses too so you do not need to remove the lens mount adapters for rear protection when not in use.

T

Julian Frost March 6th, 2009 07:33 PM

Speaking of rear lens caps... I bought 3 sets of rear lens and body cap combos (they don't sell them separately), for $2.16 each set, inclucing free shipping from Hong Kong dealer, Deal Extreme DealExtreme: $2.16 Camera Lens Cap for Canon

They took forever to arrive, but I wasn't in any hurry! They work just fine.

Julian

Cody Dulock March 8th, 2009 06:00 PM

I got all of my rear lens caps from camerafilters.com

they have really good deals and the shipping is fast.