DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Beware of fraud (was: 5D for only $1,599?) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/145367-beware-fraud-5d-only-1-599-a.html)

Peer Landa March 8th, 2009 05:16 AM

Beware of fraud (was: 5D for only $1,599?)

Anyone knows if this is legit:
(LINK REMOVED)

-- peer

Jon Oskar March 8th, 2009 05:36 AM

thoughts-of-dave: Update on Sonic Cameras (soniccameras.com) - DANGER, DANGER, DANGER - FRAUD

Peer Landa March 8th, 2009 06:15 AM

Oh jeez -- I hope this guy will be put in the slammer along with Big Bad Bubba as his cellmate. Some people make me go queasy.

-- peer

Pete Bauer March 8th, 2009 07:13 AM

Our list of sponsors is here. All of them are handpicked so you can be assured that you get good value for your money from a reputable company. No need to scout around scamland.

Also note that the link triggered my security software with a Spyware alert. Link removed.

Peer Landa March 8th, 2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer (Post 1024269)
Also note that the link triggered my security software with a Spyware alert. Link removed.

Thank you -- I'm sorry to have posted it in the first place.

-- peer

Chris Hurd March 8th, 2009 07:24 AM

Thread title edited. I didn't want people to think they could actually get a 5D for $1599 from that title.

Peer Landa March 8th, 2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1024273)
Thread title edited. I didn't want people to think they could actually get a 5D for $1599 from that title.

Good idea -- thank you.

-- peer

Jon Fairhurst March 8th, 2009 03:36 PM

Speaking of scams... I went to a friend's house yesterday, and he asked me to clean some software from his computer. He had downloaded trial software that supposedly makes your PC faster. However, if you don't pay them, the software stays resident and makes your PC slower! It doesn't come with any uninstall program, and isn't listed in the Control Panel "Add/Remove Software" list.

It's like a mob extortion scheme in software. (The only difference is that it's a nerd taking lunch money from people with social lives.)

Once again, if it sounds too good to be true...

Peer Landa March 8th, 2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1024479)
Speaking of scams... I went to a friend's house yesterday, and he asked me to clean some software from his computer. He had downloaded trial software that supposedly makes your PC faster. However, if you don't pay them, the software stays resident and makes your PC slower! It doesn't come with any uninstall program, and isn't listed in the Control Panel "Add/Remove Software" list.

Oh man, even if it's so devious, I must say it's kind of creative -- in an evil way, of course. Just think of what those guys would do if they were into homeowner's insurance...

-- peer

Ray Bell March 9th, 2009 02:43 PM

B&H had a used 5D online yesterday for $1400