5D2 video on photographer point of view at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #1
New Boot

5D2 video on photographer point of view

As photographer, I'm waiting launching of 5D2 without knowing the video function of it and never interested before. On video, I'm just using a kind of compact one like Canon HF10 just for fun and never serious on video before. One of my serious kind of photography is to keep record of an old traditional Thai Mural painting since it being deteriorate with the time.
Now with both performace, video and photo, with only one camera I could do now better presentation of this traditional mural painting and hope that it will help to preserve on it.

I just re-visit to this temple and now capture on both, video and photo, then doing this clip.
Because of have to reduced the size of file for web, the HD one is so clear and sharp especially view with LCD Tv....Thai Temple Mural painting @ Wat Khian
your comments, are wellcome.

Chounchai
Thai Culture Photo Gallery by Chounchai Wangvisarn at pbase.com
Chounchai Wangvisarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chounchai Wangvisarn View Post
Now with both performace, video and photo, with only one camera I could do now better presentation of this traditional mural painting and hope that it will help to preserve on it.
Truly a fascinating project. I think photography and video really work well together here. I'm amazed that the temples let in that much outside light which must really deterioriate the murals.

Very good job on both the pans and the zooms. This is a case where both are needed and are appropriate. For the small written descriptions of the scenes I feel it would be better to stop the action so the viewer can read the text, and then resume the pan - I was always distracted trying to both read and see the mural.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Trustee

I'm thinking of doing a similar project at a Hawaiian historical site. It seems that the 5D2 is really the best tool for this job since it does both video and photo together in one small package. The site is a few hundred yards into the woods so the light weight will be nice. What focal length did you use? I'm wondering what is best to preserve the geometry of the site. Perhaps the 50mm lens is best to keep perspective even?

If you like, post the English text of your titles here and one of us can polish up the translation for your western audience.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #4
New Boot

Thank you for the comment

Thank you guys, I just came back from the trip, very appreciated with all of your comment.
thank again
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
I'm thinking of doing a similar project at a Hawaiian historical site. It seems that the 5D2 is really the best tool for this job since it does both video and photo together in one small package. The site is a few hundred yards into the woods so the light weight will be nice. What focal length did you use? I'm wondering what is best to preserve the geometry of the site. Perhaps the 50mm lens is best to keep perspective even?

If you like, post the English text of your titles here and one of us can polish up the translation for your western audience.
Dear Marcus, the focal length I use is mostly 70 mm. and some of wide 24 mm. also sometime 200 mm. from EF24-70L and EF70-200 F4L IS.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #6
New Boot

renew the links

Sorry, updated the sites then need to renew the links as here...Thai Temple Mural painting @ Wat Khian
Chounchai Wangvisarn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD