Proress 422 error! Something I've never seen or heard of. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Proress 422 error! Something I've never seen or heard of.

Hey, guys. I'm excited to join the 5d community! I just got my 5d Mark II yesterday. And, wow... it is so incredible. It's my new baby. The footage is just sooooo good. Well, anyway, I tried converting my footage through Compressor. I just exported it from fcp to compressor, so I could edit it in prores422. By the way, I DIDN'T record audio with the 5d Mark II. but this is the error I'm getting. I should be to choose not to record sound, and still be able to convert the footage...

Status: Failed - 3x error: QTSoundDescriptionCreate failed: -2166

Any help would be great, I have some big shoots coming up!
You guys rock. It's nice to be able to dump problems onto others... (I can't figure this one out on my own)

EDIT - delete thread.
disabled audio in compressor; problem resolved. I feel dumb.

Last edited by Douglas Joseph; March 13th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
Douglas Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #2
New Boot

hello… I transform to 25p with cinema tools. amount clip on FCpro using the timeline apple prores HQ. I carry out the assembly and then I decide like unloading it according to the requirements (on tape hdv, or rows hdcam or excam). I have macbook intel Core pair for 2,4 ghz 4 giga of ram. Hello
Max Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Just a thought the prores files are like 5 times the original size so make sure you have enough disk space and also I know I have heard of people having problems with size limits on drives that are FAT32 formated I am not sure what that limit is but another thing to think about.
John Saunders is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD