Anyone using Edius to edit 5D2 videos? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 19th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Anyone using Edius to edit 5D2 videos?

Giving up on the Cineform+Vegas or Premiere workflow? What about Edius? I've heard very good things about it's realtime codec... I did a search and found no references to Edius in this 5D2 forum.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

i just did my first edit a view days ago. t1pblog Blog Archive Cyclones - 2009 Champions

i have edius 4.61 broadcast

i used procoder 3 to convert mp4 from camera to canopus HQ.avi to be able to edit on timeline with realtime
Don Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Don: Good to hear. Haven't gotten a chance to view your clip yet because the network here is blocking the video(Smugmug?)

I'm playing with the demo version of Edius 5.. I don't have procoder.. However, I was able to import the MOV file into the project and Right-Click and select Convert To File.. then I was able to select the Canopus codec. Is this any different from the way in which you do it in ProCoder?

The AVI I ended up with has strange behavior. The audio plays back very strong stutter and the video isn't exactly "Realtime" It plays back fine without effects or transition, however when attempting to do a dissolve with a transcoded AVCHD clip, the FPS drops very low.

I'm wondering if I'm doing things right, or do I really need to use ProCoder to transcode it.

OH BTW since you're an Edius user.. how do I see the audio waveform in the preview monitor? All I get is a black screen.. very difficult to navigate/set In & Out points without a visual reference. Thanks!
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #4
Regular Crew

i have tried to convert clips in the clip bin but it crashes alot and only a few clips were able to make it thru the convertion process. it was a pain!!! ended up using procoder and converted all clips at once rather than one at the time. i have dual quads and it took a while to convert. but once converted it is cake to edit.

you can look at waveform on the timeline. goto the video line you want on the left and click VA and a waveform will be created.
Don Pham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD