DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Please help with audio using neoscene (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/235661-please-help-audio-using-neoscene.html)

John Okafor May 19th, 2009 01:02 PM

Please help with audio using neoscene

I'm sure this topic has come up before. I did a search but noting came up for me. I emailed Cineform but no reply yet. After converting my move files to avi using neoscene, when I import the avi files into Adobe premier pro cs3 I got no audio. Before I spend $129 on this software I need to know if there is a fix for.

Thanks

Matthew Roddy May 19th, 2009 01:47 PM

Sorry I can't help you directly, but there's a Cineform forum here in DVInfo. They may be of some help for you:
CineForm Software Showcase - The Digital Video Information Network

Jon Fairhurst May 19th, 2009 03:04 PM

I think you need a properly installed/operating AC3 codec for Neo Scene to work.

This claims that one comes with CS3, but it might not be working properly on your platform.
Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive Converting AVCHD Files to CineForm Intermediate

The above thread mentions CoreAVC, but this might work as well...
Free-Codecs.com :: Download AC3 Filter 1.60b : AC3 Filter is a DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding

Ray Bell May 19th, 2009 07:15 PM

When you decide to purchase Neoscene... checkout Video Guys for a discount to $100...

Videoguys.com - CineForm Neo Scene PC

best $100 I spent on the 5DII :-)

Stan Kern May 20th, 2009 07:47 AM

in the same boat

I am close to purchasing neo scene but i also am having audio problems,downloaded the ac3 filter but that did nothing when i run neo scene the avi file is great but there is no audio and the log says there is no audio track.
contacted cineform but there was no answer,the sales person replyed saying it was not his area to help in atech way.
I am using a high end pc with xp pro

John Okafor May 20th, 2009 08:11 AM

Same here I installed the ac3 filter and that did not help. The funny thing is that I installed Neoscene on my old computer and I got audio to work. No problems on my old computer. Both computers has vista 64bit on it. I have no idea what's going on. I'm holding off in buying Neoscene until I can figure out the audio problem.

Stan Kern May 20th, 2009 11:01 PM

contacted cineforum

the tech people at cineforum are not available at this time(maybe vacation) i was worried they went under but a sales person said that someone would contact me through time,even though my trial copy ran out and i still have no audio,but did once on a different computer but could not get it going again

Matthew Roddy May 21st, 2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Kern (Post 1146155)
the tech people at cineforum are not available at this time(maybe vacation) i was worried they went under but a sales person said that someone would contact me through time,even though my trial copy ran out and i still have no audio,but did once on a different computer but could not get it going again

They can re-set your "15 day" thing. They had to for me a few times as well.

Art Varga May 21st, 2009 11:04 AM

I too am having problems with Neoscene audio though different symptoms. When capturing, I get an audio and video file that is out of sync ( significantly) and, the audio file is shorter than the video file when laid side by side. I opened a ticked two days ago but have not heard back. I think it may have to do the ac3 filter. I had to download a new filter recently to get another program to work properly. Might be a compatibility issue.

Stan Kern May 21st, 2009 11:27 AM

cineform tech support

I got an answer from cineforum tech and they in turn asked me to submit screen copies of the log /setup /etc ,so i did .
We'll see what is causing this soon i also think its the ac3 filter download ,there are 3 variaties of this download for xp os ,i have tried them all.
I did have this work once with an older computer but never again ,in fact this is a little to unrelaible to be using as a cahnge in your computer will cause neo scene to quit making an audio track.
Is there any other program out there that will convert and maintain a high quality *.avi output.
I have tried quite a few ,movavi ,and xillisoft comes close.
stan

Stan Kern May 21st, 2009 03:33 PM

no audio on neo scene

just finished trying different things with the tech people from cineform i think they are stumped and we should be carefull spending the 129.00 if the audio cannot be resolved

Julian Frost May 21st, 2009 04:42 PM

Stan,

I'm sure Cineform will help you out... but I know you've tried a bunch of different 'solutions' from our previous correspondences on the 5D mk II forum, so I'm really not all that surprised that you're running into problems. I'm betting that you have dozens of CODECs installed on your system which are probably incompatible with each other.

When NeoScene was first released, I also had no audio. I sent Cineform a 2-second video file from my 5D mk II and within a day they were able to identify what the problem was. Less than a week later, they had a new build which fixed the problem. Another NeoScene user found an incompatibility with version 9 of Nero's software. The problem was in Nero, but of course Ahead Software wouldn't do anything to fix their old, outdated product, so Cineform programmed a fix into NeoScene so that the two could co-exist nicely.

What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of happy NeoScene customers out there, including me. It's quite possible that the problem is with something on your system that's causing a compatibility issue, just the same as any piece of software can have compatibility issues on a PC (with drivers, CODECs, you name it). Give Cineform some time, I'm sure they're working on it. That said, NeoScene problems should be addressed in the Cineform forum!

Julian

Stan Kern May 21st, 2009 05:12 PM

sorry about wrong forum

this topic was started by someone else and yes i have tried a lot of different prgs trying to get the best video results i could to match the raw mov file ,but i use acronis back up on my computer so i start fresh each time from a full restore so its not full of all sorts of codec.
The problem with the audio is that cineform stated you have to have the latest quicktime loaded ,i do not like using quicktime --it takes over my PC (if i ran quicktime i would switch to apple) so it comes down to neo scene will work but you need ac3 filter loaded and quicktime ,if you're not prepared to follow that then neo scene is not going to work.i'm sorry if i offended you but after spending this kind of money on the camera i would like the best still and video i can get and i found people on this forum helpfull in getting me going i a positive direction ,more than i can say about canon--they said go apple and go powerfull

Julian Frost May 21st, 2009 05:20 PM

Quicktime only takes over your computer if you let it. If you do the advanced set up, you can tell it exactly what it can do, and what it can't. I use it to play MOV files, and that's it. Period. I also disable QTTASK.EXE using MSCONFIG.

I didn't take offense at anything you've written or done... on the contrary, I'm trying to get you the help you're after in the quickest way possible. Since Cineform has their own forum, and the top guys in the company visit it and are in charge of it, it makes sense to post there, not here.

Julian

Jon Fairhurst May 21st, 2009 05:22 PM

As a workaround, you could put the original file on your timeline, ignore the video and render out the audio uncompressed. Now match it to your NeoScene video. You will need to stretch it by 0.1% to match NeoScene's 30p -> 29.97p stretch.

Sure, it's not as simple as dropping the finished file on the timeline, but you can do this while the NeoScene software transcodes your clip and be ready to edit the moment the transcoding is done.

Personally, I think the fluid editing that NeoScene offers is worth this small workaround.