DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Zebra stripes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/236156-zebra-stripes.html)

Tramm Hudson May 26th, 2009 09:57 PM

Zebra stripes

I'm as excited as everyone about the new firmware from Canon -- it will free my time to work on more interesting enhancements for the "5D Mark Free", once I have the new firmware mapped and my code working with it again.

Today's new widget: Zebra stripes!

Dan Chung May 26th, 2009 10:10 PM

Tramm,

That really is amazing, great work.

Dan

Chris Barcellos May 27th, 2009 12:25 AM

Tramm: Personal congrats on this next step. Understand you will be looking at piggy backing this latest with the new firmware from Canon.

Bob Thompson May 27th, 2009 01:43 AM

Tramm, Fantastic job.

Robert Esmonde May 27th, 2009 02:03 AM

Fantastic! Thanks Tramm.

Congratulations on achieving so many practical advances so quickly. Let's hope Canon don't break your ability to update the new 'manual' firmware.

Jeremy Nicholl May 27th, 2009 03:02 AM

What an interesting 24 hours. First the Beachtek, then Canon's firmware and now zebras.

Thanks very much indeed for all your work Tramm, and since others are making suggestions here's my request. Any way to implement peaking to assist with focus while shooting in the same way you've done zebras? Given that one can't enlarge the image once shooting and the autofocus interferes with the exposure peaking would be a good way to check focus while shooting on the run.

Jon Fairhurst May 27th, 2009 11:29 AM

What's awesome is that it seems that Canon is updating the sensor control stuff (and I expect 24/25p before the holiday sales season), allowing Tramm to work on usability features like zebras and audio monitoring. A peaking feature seems to be exactly in line with the newly focused direction for the Mark Free firmware.

These are exciting times!

Chris Hurd May 27th, 2009 12:47 PM

Outstanding -- thanks a ton for all of your efforts, Tramm!

Matthew Roddy May 27th, 2009 01:28 PM

What you're doing is amazing work, Mr. H.
I hope you know how much you're doing for Da Community here.
Thanks very much for the awesome additions and work!

We all have our lists and thankfully Canon has taken a step toward resolving those.
If you're looking for votes as to what to look at next, my vote is for uncrippling the output so we have HD output to monitor. This presumes, of course, your work goes well on the audio, and it also presumes Canon will give us 24/25P.
There is, of course, more, but you all that.

Again, thank you for your hard work and meritorious service.

Alvise Tedesco May 29th, 2009 01:08 PM

Awesome widget!
Thanks so much

Yang Wen May 30th, 2009 01:45 PM

Mr. Hudson

Great work! You are a genius.

One thought though... with all the new features you are adding, including realtime sampling etc... does it get to a point where all the new features will max out the CPU power in the 5D2 and would there then be risking the performance of the core video functionality? I mean we don't really know the performance cushion the 5D2 has right? A disaster scenario would be the CPU overheating and crashing, or too many processes resulting in dropped frames or corrupted video stream etc... or maybe only error-ing when filming a complex scene and the CPU has to work extra hard on compression. Thanks

Paul Cascio May 30th, 2009 04:52 PM

I'm curious about what is involved, and what knowledge/experience is needed, to tackle these types of mods? I am really impressed.