DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Thank you Canon (for the firmware update) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/236557-thank-you-canon-firmware-update.html)

David A. Fisher June 1st, 2009 07:56 PM

Thank you Canon (for the firmware update)

Now just get to work on hrz jumping. 24p please!

David Fisher
Dallas

Robert Esmonde June 2nd, 2009 04:30 AM

I second that thanks to Canon!

I bought the 5D MK2 with my eyes wide open and knowing about its weaknesses. It seems to be a fantastic still camera, and now, with the latest firmware, it's an amazing video one too.

But please, please, make 25 FPS the next firmware update for those users outside North America and Japan.

Wayne Avanson June 2nd, 2009 04:40 AM

Just had my first play and "thank chuff fer that!" Briliant. Now I can have total confidence in using the camera.

Thanks again Canon

Avey

John Benton June 2nd, 2009 08:30 AM

Thank you CANON !

Thomas Lowe June 2nd, 2009 09:34 AM

Thanks Canon!

Now fix the moire pattern artifacts and give us 24p plz.

Jon Fairhurst June 2nd, 2009 10:33 AM

I'll give thanks as well. The camera simply "feels" better in video mode. And the auto-ISO function is surprisingly well done.

Tom Roper June 2nd, 2009 10:44 AM

Now give us a 1.4L with IS.

Rick Casillas June 2nd, 2009 10:55 AM

We went from grateful to choosy beggers!

But, really, give us 24P. Please!

Tom Roper June 2nd, 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Casillas (Post 1152864)
We went from grateful to choosy beggers!

But, really, give us 24P. Please!

That's right, we did. Ainn't gonna be no 1.4L IS, (but no 24p either).

Ralph Schoberth June 2nd, 2009 11:25 AM

My 5DMKII had a hotpixel seen only at high Iso in movie mode. It's gone now! Great...

Yang Wen June 2nd, 2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roper (Post 1152859)
Now give us a 1.4L with IS.

A lens that like would only have use for videographers. No way Canon will build a lens like that only for video community.

Chris Hurd June 2nd, 2009 11:30 AM

Bah, you don't need IS. Put that thing on a tripod where it belongs when you're shooting video.

Canon Inc. deserves heaps of praise for following through on this, but in my opinion we should keep the pressure on for the 25p requests.

Matthew Roddy June 2nd, 2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1152893)
Bah, you don't need IS. Put that thing on a tripod where it belongs when you're shooting video.

Canon Inc. deserves heaps of praise for following through on this, but in my opinion we should keep the pressure on for the 25p requests.

100% agreement on both points.
Is there a petition floating about, or is this it? (For the 24/25p, that is.)

Pete Bauer June 2nd, 2009 11:52 AM

No need for petitions. Reps of all the camera companies absolutely do read the message boards even thought they don't generally post. They also talk to people at trade shows and take input directly on their company web sites/email. They absolutely DO know what we customers want. Just keep letting 'em know what it will take to keep us wanting to buy their products rather than a competitor's.

Jon Fairhurst June 2nd, 2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1152893)

Yep, a tripod, dolly, slider, jib, steadycam - take your choice - will deliver much more professional images than IS. Of course, IS is easier to carry...

Quote:

Absolutely! My prediction stands that they will deliver 25p before the end of the year, and I have a stomach allergy for crow. :)