Searching for a simple separate audio solution - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 7th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Lowe View Post
I'm very pleased with the Zoom H4n.
A lot of people seem to be. The only grumble I've seen is claims that the XLR inputs can be noisy. Have you used them and found them ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Taylor View Post
You need a more professional location recorder and I currently think the Edirol R-44 is the best choice.
It has 4 low noise mic channels, all capable of 48v phantom powering for good quality mics.
However you have to accept it's size and the fact that this is a 'separate sound' solution, without any form of timecode operation.
PostFade
I agree with what you say about 5D users cutting their cloth accordingly, but unfortunately in my case that rules out the R-44. It's just too big for one man PJ types. I'd buy it, love the quality, and it would spend most of its time on my desk or the trunk of my car. Pity, because it's not much more expensive than inferior units, but they're smaller, so they win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
Correct, sir! (I've edited the post to correct it.)
Ha! You shouldn't have bothered: I believed you the first time!
Jeremy Nicholl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD