GlueTools D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #16
Major Player

It looks like it must be captured, as this upcoming FCP plugin supposedly makes it readable and generates timecode based on the timestamp for the clip start:

Canon D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro DV Info Net
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #17
Obstreperous Rex

Merged the "How can I find EXIF data in clips" threrad with the GlueTools thread.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #18
GlueTools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Merged the "How can I find EXIF data in clips" threrad with the GlueTools thread.
Hi Chris,

Our Canon DSLR package includes a panel which will let people view the EXIF metadata that is embedded into the FCP XML.

Attached is a link, which shows some screengrabs.
Glue Tools - Discussion Forum: FAQ => Canon DSLR Release Information

Cheers!

bob.
Attached Thumbnails
GlueTools D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro-rad_panel.jpg   GlueTools D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro-canonexifviewer.jpg  

Robert Monaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #19
Major Player

I wonder how does this differ between rough cutting in fcp natively, pulling the timeline into compressor, then bringing it back in?

If anything, it seems like this would work the same as importing AVCHD footage ala HMC150?

*Edit* replied to an old version of the thread. took an hour and a half to get to it so post above was made after I hit reply.

So it does look like the L&T per AVCHD. Does the scrub work just as well?
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #20
New Boot

The EXIF data is in the JPEG thumbnail file with the same number as the associated MVI file. The file contains the EXIF files for the initial frame. There are a variety of programs to read out this data, including just about every image editing file (although some provide more complete data than others).
Steve Runyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Spectacular Development

This is a spectacular development for editors. It means that in addition to importing and converting the QT clips into Prores...it is simultaneously giving each clip a Source Name and Timecode stamp...AND generating a disk image. This allows the EDL to know the source (like with video tapes with library numbers) and a specific tc address. You can burn the disk image to a DVD or Blu-ray and stick it in your library. When the client comes back in 6 months to update the spot....you can rebuild the timeline with confidence...I have been waiting for this with baited breath! Good job Gluers!
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #22
Inner Circle

The crucial information for me in the posting in the Glue Tools forum that Robert linked to is this
Quote:
Currently, we are expecting to release this product for about $100 - $120 USD.
Obviously I would have preferred it to be $50 but that is a fair price & I will be first in line to order.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #23
Trustee

I would prefer that it was out already myself!
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Major Player

Price point

I really hope that the price point is as expected. I will for sure buy this immediately upon release if it's so. The integrated convenience factor is huge for me.
Mike Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #25
Major Player

No updates at all. :/

They must be in some hot and heavy talks with Canon to be putting off the release or not even give updates on it.

Anyone from Gluetools would be nice enough to give us an update? Would really like to have this plug in already :).
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #26
Regular Crew

I would hazard a guess that talks with Canons lawyers have bogged progress down.
That and they recently released updates of their FCP plugs for other formats.

Just checked their site...its down...maybe a good sign indicating the addition of new stuff.
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #27
Inner Circle

A couple of weeks ago I wrote & asked them if I could pre-order & got this reply:-
Quote:
Currently we do not have a set release date and are not taking pre-orders. Please continue checking our website for updates. Thanks for the interest.

Best Regards,

Brian Drake
Glue Tools LLC
629 State St. Suite 220
Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
United States

tel: +1 805 456 7997
fax: +1 805 456 7998

www.gluetools.com
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:05 AM   #28
New Boot

Canon is in the process of buying the plugin

I just called Glue Tools, and I was told that Canon is buying the plugin, but no details or dates were given.

It will be interesting to see if this transaction ties up the software so long that someone else comes out with another product.
Dan Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:07 AM   #29
Major Player

Final Cut 7

This latest Final Cut (just came out) is already rumored to ingest 5D footage smoothly
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM   #30
New Boot

MPEG Streamclip

I'm curious for those using MPEG Streamclip to convert their Mark II footage, what codec and settings are you using? I want to maintain quality but not use up insane amount of hard drive space. And this needs to work with FCS 2 - not the newly announced version.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Dan Parsons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD