ef-s adaptor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 12th, 2009, 04:39 AM   #1
New Boot

ef-s adaptor?

I have an ef-s 60mm macro 2.8 lens and love the sharpness and bokeh that it produces and am wondering if there is an adaptor that would enable me to use this lens on my 5dmkii. The calumet guy says canon extenders can only be used on 135mm and upwards, so is there any other way I can get to see what this camera can do with this lens?
William Barclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The issue with fitting an EF-S lens on a 5DII as I am sure you are aware is that the EF-S mount projects back into the camera body more than an EF lens & the mirror will foul on that projection. So you will be OK with an extension tube. I just tried an EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 II with an EF12 II extension tube & it works great with auto-focus etc.

Alternatively for a more permanent conversion see MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

BTW The equivalent proper EF lens is the 100mm F2.8 USM Macro is a cracking lens. I bought my wife one for her birthday in April & she has hardly had it off her 5DII since:-)

Photos of the French Riviera by Alice Barker- powered by SmugMug
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Nigel, that is good to know- your wife's pics are exactly what I am looking to use this lens for- close-ups of teeny critters and flowers! I have been using my 70-200 2.8L IS but I can't fill the frame, so the extension tube is my next purchase. Thanks again, Bill.
William Barclay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD