My Economy Follow Focus Shouder Mount to Tripod Rig. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 18th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Inner Circle

My Economy Follow Focus Shouder Mount to Tripod Rig.

I've kind of reached the end of my economy Follow Focus/Rails/Shoulder rig. Follow Focus is the DFocus from DesignByDave. Thats who I was talking to in the video. The rails are the IndiRailspro 18.

Works really well. Watch how it is put together here, and stay till the end to see quick from the tripod to the Shoulder set up. A little tweeking to do yet, but should work out well.

My Rig By Chris Barcellos on Vimeo

YouTube - My Rig by Chris Barcellos

This piece was shot with rig. Obiously when I was messing with focus, and getting a feel for it, I was jerking it around a bit, but mounting as I have, I think I can get a decent hand held shot in a critical situation.

Canon 5D Mark Ii 100mm Test on Vimeo
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Great job, how much does that weigh without the camera? Looking at some of the rigs out there, some are pretty heavy.
Chris Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Chris:

Rigged as show, right around 7.0, though that is using a digital bathroom scale while holding and not holding..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD