Ononesoftware released DSLR remote for Iphone... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ononesoftware released DSLR remote for Iphone...

For those that might be interested...

Ononesoftware has released the Iphone DSLR remote application.

Read it here...

onOne Software - DSLR Remote for Canon DSLR Cameras & iPhone
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Great

Now all I need is an iphone ;-)
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Trustee

I've actually had a copy of this for a couple of weeks now and it definately works as promised.

If you're taking stills in a studio setup, where your 5D Mk ii can be tethered to your laptop, you get a wireless live preview on your iPhone and can control basic setting and fire the shutter remotely.

In my experience, it's most useful if you're doing something like a product shot where you can make adjustments to lighting and product orientation - then snap a frame and adjust some more.

For shooting something like a live model, you need to be at the camera to frame and compose so it's not as useful.

I don't think it works in live view VIDEO mode other than to take stills, and again, given that you pretty much always want to be actively operating the camera for framing live action, I think it's a pretty specialized tool.

But a fun and very useful tool in those circumstances where it shines!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Bill, as the camera needs to be tethered to a computer (unless you are using the $900 WFT-E4A Wireless File Transmitter) what advantage does this offer over just using the Canon EOS Utility software that comes with the camera? Apart from being another cool reason to get an iPhone:-)?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Daigon View Post
Now all I need is an iphone ;-)
$99.00 at your local AT&T :)
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Major Player

I also bought this a couple of weeks ago. Used it once, does a good job and the live view video lag is very small.

Now if you could interface this directly to the camera without the need for a pc we would be getting there, would make a good secondary monitor for jib etc. Also there is no button for video recording.

Good app for what is does though.
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Major Player

No way to start a video recording

When I saw the LIVEVIEW support I jumped, but I should have read further - there is no way I can find to start a video recording.
AM I missing something?
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Ononesoftware released DSLR remote for Iphone...

Hi
when I saw this linked I jumped as well and thought how cool. Then when you realise you still have to have the camera attached to a computer to make it work I really can't see the point. If I need to use the live view on my iphone as I can't see the cameras screen is it really going to be in the situation were I can have it attached to a computer, and then if it is attached to the computer whats wrong with the software that came with the camera ? Sorry but this seems really lame why can't you just attach the iphone to the camera using an iphone lead to mini usb adapter & there software?
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD