can you rotate 5d video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

can you rotate 5d video

I shot some footage off a train but held the camera vertically now on playback it looks strange as i thought there would be a way in the media player to rotate the picture but seems only photos can be rotated ,am i wrong
Stan Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Trustee

You can easily rotate it in your NLE, but not a media player.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Kern View Post
I shot some footage off a train but held the camera vertically now on playback it looks strange as i thought there would be a way in the media player to rotate the picture but seems only photos can be rotated ,am i wrong
I shoot fashion video in portrait orientation all the time. Premiere Pro has no problem rotating it using the built-in motion filter. Of course I don't actually use the filter to rotate it during the video. I just leave it at +- 90 degrees. There doesn't appear to be any quality degradation.
Mark Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

On a Mac (and maybe Windows too?) you can rotate with Quicktime Player Pro. Open the file in QT, and then select Movie Properties, then click on video track and then visual settings. There you'll see arrows for rotating the image.
Jim Newberry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD