Hot Warning at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Hot Warning

Today is the first time I have seen the red flashing "Hot" warning in the LCD.

I had been shooting video & stills since before lunch and just before sunset the symbol starting flashing. Fortunately after 15 minutes in the shade it disappeared and I was back to work.

Today we had shade temperatures of over 33C and 80-90% humidity so I suppose the warning was expected, anyway the camera continue to work faultlessly after its brief rest.

Flickr Photo Download: "Hong Kong Wonderland"IMG_9270xw.jpg

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Thats an amazing photo!! I was there once and saw hundreds of boats. One of the most mysterious sights I've seen.
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for sharing. I did not know the mkii came with a heat warning message.

We shot a 15 hour wedding recently and the camera held up ok and didn't feel hot at all (80% video, 20% photo). Were you shooting long sequences?
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The only time we have seen the over-temperature warning is when the camera & operator have both been wilting in direct blazing sunshine. I don't believe that over-heating will be a problem without direct sunlight even in temperatures over 30C/90F.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Major Player

Wow, that's a hell of a shot.

thanks for sharing

Avey
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks all for the comments, unfortunately Nigel our summer temperatures are over 30C day and night with humidity generally between 80-90%.

As a side note I have found that the Canon 17-40 f4.0 lens to suffer from aberasion wide open ( I hope it was only at wide open), it can be see in the lower left of this shot

Flickr Photo Download: "Hong Kong" IMG_9072xw.jpg

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson View Post
As a side note I have found that the Canon 17-40 f4.0 lens to suffer from aberasion wide open ( I hope it was only at wide open),
Mine does the same. I only noticed it recently because my other camera is a Canon 10D, which has a 1.6x crop, so I never saw the full 17mm wide end. Now withe the 5D mk II, I'm seeing all kinds of flaws with the 17-40mm L f/4. :-(

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD