5D Mark II Workflow (Sticky Proposal) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 13th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Babko View Post
I thought that the footage and timeline frame rates should match. Why do you choose 30p over 29,97 timeline? Doesn't this cause sound sync issues?
My bad. Was in a generic mind set. Yes should use 29.97. NeoScene actually converts to that. The Pre-set says HD 30p, but I think it is set to 29.97, and if it is not, I would change it.
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I would be really happy if I knew I had the correct settings when making my mpeg 2 file in compressor for SD delivery. Right now I am just using the standard best dvd quality settings. Is there some better settings that I am not aware of? I am using Encore to author the dvd.

Bruce
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #18
Major Player

Which of these Mac workflows addresses the misinterpretation of the footage by Final Cut (ie: more information available in the darks and the lights) - is the only way to get this information by taking the clips into Color? If so (for those of us not familiar with Color), is there a tutorial on this? I hate to say it - I'm a fairly smart guy - but I opened Color and couldn't figure out how to bring in a single clip (versus sending a sequence from Final Cut), adjusting and then exporting out the new QT file... Then again, I've never used Color before, so that may be half my problem...
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dooley View Post
Which of these Mac workflows addresses the misinterpretation of the footage by Final Cut (ie: more information available in the darks and the lights)
For most people this was fixed with a Quicktime update months ago - make sure you're updated to the latest version. I seem to be one of the few that this didn't work for, but MPEG Streamclip interprets the color correctly for me now so as long as I use it to do the conversion to an editing format I end up with the full range.
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #20
Regular Crew

quick note

I found all the info presented here a real help and good ideas --thanks
Stan Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #21
Major Player

Thanks Philip

That tut is great Philip! I am a convert to that workflow now.... THANKS.
Mike Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #22
Major Player

I think this is a good idea... Workflow is constantly being brought up around here. I think it's largely part due to photographers working with video for the first time.

Everybody has a different workflow depending on the project, and depending what operating system they're using. I think it would be sweet to have a sticky for mac, pc, vimeo, broadcast, dvd, etc. you name it. Make it happen, Chris.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD