Bye bye XHA1, Hello 5D MKii? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #31
Major Player

I wouldn't ditch my A1 for an MKII just because of the audio factor.

Now, if the next series in the XH line (XH-A2?) were the XH-A1 with the image capabilities of the MKII and an interchangeable lens capability (which I could see happening), then I would be all over it. :)
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #32
New Boot

Music video shot with 5D feedback

Ken and rest of experts on Canon's 5D and XH-A1 Thanks for all your input and feedback on the 5D and A1.

Based on your feedback and last minute opportunity to pick up a 5D mkii, I used the info to use the 5D for my first music video production. See my result:

Will Gallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #33
Major Player

Pretty impressive for a first music video - very nicely done. You can define a whole lot of dark with just a little well placed light, I would have liked to see a touch of backlight on the singer and the dancers to separate them from limbo. It looks like the light was there on the singer but set a little low. Then again this may be nitpicking, you've done very well, I look forward to seeing more.
Did you have any budget to work with, or was it pick up gear and folks where you can?
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #34
New Boot

Music Video

Thanks. I here ya on the lighting though part of the effect we wanted was to "see the light" from one direction. This was done on a very very small budget, so the lighting we had was mostly used to create the ambiance of the club. We did have a small light for rim, but dancers fast movement was not always easy to follow. Time was also a major factor that restrict some extra attention needed for detail. It was a great first experience and opportunity to improve. Feedback like yours only helps make a tighter production, so thanks again.

Definitely worth making a jib, follow focus kit and lighting part of the budget if you do not already own it all. As well as hiring a DP and help, since it was more pick up folks that you can. But again that depends largely on the budget provided for the shoot.
Will Gallego is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD