DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Sony PCM-M10 audio recorder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/239336-sony-pcm-m10-audio-recorder.html)

Dan Chung July 20th, 2009 06:46 AM

Sony PCM-M10 audio recorder

Sony PCM-M10 looks like a perfect small audio recorder to compete with the Edirol R-09 and the Zooms. Small enough to pocket. Sony's PCM-M10 digital audio recorder brings pro quality to laypeople, Southern Californians Now why did I just buy the PCM-D50 ?

Dan

Nigel Barker July 21st, 2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Chung (Post 1173904)
Now why did I just buy the PCM-D50 ?

Because the PCM-M10 is not available until October?

Dan Chung July 21st, 2009 12:30 AM

Guess so, but I do have an Edirol R-09 so I could have got by. Seems like every time I buy something a couple of months later something more suitable comes along :) Same when I got a Sony EX1, no sooner had I figured it out then along came the EX3

Dan

Jon Fairhurst July 21st, 2009 12:40 AM

Then again, we've had the 5D Mark II for over six months, and not only is it still the king of the hill, but with manual control, Magic Lantern, and new 3rd party accessories, it just keeps getting better. :)

Too bad this new audio recorder lacks balanced inputs...

Peter Burke July 21st, 2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1174323)
Then again, we've had the 5D Mark II for over six months, and not only is it still the king of the hill, but with manual control, Magic Lantern, and new 3rd party accessories, it just keeps getting better. :)

You may be able to use Sony's XLR-1 Balanced mike adapter box
Review: Sony PCM-D50 Portable WAV Recorder - O'Reilly Media

Has batteries to provide phantom power.

Peer Landa July 21st, 2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1174323)

...and timecode ;^)

-- peer

Steve Maller July 21st, 2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Chung (Post 1174319)
Guess so, but I do have an Edirol R-09 so I could have got by. Seems like every time I buy something a couple of months later something more suitable comes along :) Same when I got a Sony EX1, no sooner had I figured it out then along came the EX3

Dan

At least two laws are at play here: Moore's and Murphy's. :D

Jeremy Nicholl July 22nd, 2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Chung (Post 1174319)

Dan

It's the Digital Gotcha. A few years ago two of my cameras were declared obsolete by the respective manufacturers in the same week. One was a Canon D something: it had been on the market for exactly 24 months. The other was a Leica M6: it had been on the market for 17 years.