Gads ZUKES! Is this cool, or am I missing something? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Gads ZUKES! Is this cool, or am I missing something?

I just (literally) stumbled across a DV magazine and found an ad for the AJA Ki recorder.

If I'm not mistaken, this little critter can take our HDMI signal AND our XLR mic inputs and record them to the Apple ProRes 10 Uncompressed format.
Granted, we couldn't hit Record on our cameras, but once Tramm Hudson gets a clean HDMI output, would this recorder be as good as (or better than) recording to our CF cards and an external audio device?

Seems like we have the best of all worlds, unless I'm not understanding something.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/tapeless-...ja-ki-pro.html
and
KI PRO - AJA Video - Serial Digital Video Interface and Conversion

I'm not actually a Mac guy, and if Cineform came out with a recorder of this price, I'd likely buy it, but this sure looks tempting - if I'm getting a clear Big Picture (literally and figuratively).
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Looks like a great option, but it all comes down to the firmware hacks - until that happens this isn't much use.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD