Follow Focus with Canon L lens...? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #1
Major Player
Follow Focus with Canon L lens...?

I wonder if anyone has some advice on how to focus pull with Canon L lenses? Do you also use pull-marks on the follow-focus ring for those lenses, or is there perhaps a workaround for the continuos focus ring? It's kind of frustrating that those lenses don't "lock" at either end, always making my markings go out of bounce.

-- peer
Peer Landa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle
Wait a couple of days. Magic Lantern will be arriving with some good news on the follow focus front....
Chris J. Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew
I've heard from Birger Engineering that the wireless follow-focus system that they use with the RED body/Canon lenses may be coming directly to the 5DII. Maybe if more people inquire about this, the sooner it will be released.

Their reply:

Stay tuned. We hope to be making an announcement about this in the coming weeks.

Amy Widding
Birger Engineering, Inc.

Birger Engineering, Inc.

Comments or Questions: Will the Birger Mount/Impero work on Canon EOS cameras as well? This would be great on the Canon 5D Mark II.
Insung Hwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #4
That would be awesome if they did a wireless follow focus. That said....I wonder what a wireless FF costs? Many people have moved to the 5DM2 because of the low cost, if a wireless FF is twice the price of the camera, I don't think there will be many takers. :)
Sony EX3, Canon 5D MkII, Chrosziel Matte Box, Sachtler tripod, Steadicam Flyer, Mac Pro, Apple/Adobe software - 20 years as a local videographer/editor
Mitchell Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD