DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   5D MKII users in Boston? I'm looking to rent 1 night (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/273800-5d-mkii-users-boston-im-looking-rent-1-night.html)

Greg Joyce August 13th, 2009 09:27 AM

5D MKII users in Boston? I'm looking to rent 1 night

I own a 5D MKII but I'm looking to rent another for one night to serve as a B camera. Is anyone in the Greater Boston/New England here renting?

I've used Boston Camera (now Rule), but that was ten years ago. Any rental places to recommend?

Benjamin Eckstein August 16th, 2009 10:19 AM

I know Rule has a 5D, but it is not in their rental catalog. I believe Film Star Rentals has them too.

Michael Ojjeh August 16th, 2009 12:00 PM

Try the camera company in norwood,MA. it is not on the list for rental but I know they have it, just give them a call.
The Camera Company-Digital Cameras & Professional and Broadcast Video Equipment!

Greg Joyce August 17th, 2009 01:39 PM

5D rental in Boston

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 1230278)
Try the camera company in norwood,MA. it is not on the list for rental but I know they have it, just give them a call.
The Camera Company-Digital Cameras & Professional and Broadcast Video Equipment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein (Post 1229951)
I know Rule has a 5D, but it is not in their rental catalog. I believe Film Star Rentals has them too.

Michael and Benjamin,

Thanks for the info. In case any fellow New Englanders have the same idea I had for a multi-camera 5D shoot, here's what I found out last week:

Rule (used to be Boston Camera) has one 5D they rent, which I have reserved for Wednesday night. $150/day. Tried for a half-day rate because I only need it for a few hours, but they have a 1-day minimum.

Talamas doesn't have one yet. "Not much of a call for it so far," which surprised me.

E.P. Levine says they have "more than one" 5D for rent, but their price is $250/day *for the body only*(!) Lens(es) extra. I passed.

I haven't tried the Camera Co because I can't afford another camera for $150.

FYI:

I'm shooting the up-and-coming band, FLYING MACHINES in Boston at Copperfield's near Fenway this Wednesday evening. They recently signed with EMI and are touring to promote their new CD. It's sponsored by WFNX-FM so if you want a free ticket or to get onto the list, check out their website. FNX Radio | Home (Click 1 on the rotating banner. They were still free tix last week.) The other two bands are Dear Leader and Company of Thieves.

If you come by, please introduce yourself to the guy sweating and running around with 5D. That'll be me. My brother will be manning/guarding the stationary camera. Oh, make sure you say hi AFTER Flying Machines has wrapped up. We've only got 30 minutes to capture enough decent material for *two* music videos. And there's only one take of each song.

Should be interesting.

Wayne Avanson August 17th, 2009 02:33 PM

Doesn't Tom Guilmette have a 5D2? He's down that neck of the woods isn't he? Get on his website and contact him to see if he'd be interested in giving you a lift.

I know he has an EX1 and the footage from that would mix quite well with the 5D2 if he hasn't got one himself.

What have you got to lose by sending him an email?

Avey