HDMI to 480 Switch Resolved? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old October 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDMI to 480 Switch Resolved?

Tramm, I watched your video posted a little while back showing the HDMI output with no switch to 480. I was wondering if you had addressed the glitches and made it work. I had a Glidecam shoot recently and the 480 switch sure made things tough. The DP-1 is so clear in 1080 that I forgot how bad it looks even for visual reference when 480 rears its ugly head.

Last edited by Tom Daigon; October 10th, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #2
Wizard Status

It's still giving me the occasional glitches in the recording that make it unusable for real world use. I believe it is due to the "intermediate pass" functions that are writing something to the DIGIC that is causing problems, although this has been a frustrating issue to debug since those routines write a list of DIGIC addresses that I don't understand with a list of values that I don't understand.

Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I see. Does the 7D suffer from the same issue of switching to 480 during recording? If not
then this might be a reason for me to use it and get rid of the 5D since Glidecam with monitoring is a high priority with me these days.
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD