Canon announces free 24p / 25p update for EOS 5D Mk. II - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Closed Thread

Old October 21st, 2009, 01:00 PM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
Tramm Hudson is not an actual human being. "Magic Lantern" is actually the name of a multi-billion dollar corporation tasked with developing and improving the 5D2 firmware, and "Tramm" is just the alias used by dozens of their top software engineers. This gives you the false impression that it's just a single guy working in his basement somewhere.

Canon, on the other hand, gives you the false impression that they are a billion-dollar corporation with dozens of software engineers, but is in fact just a single guy working from a basement in Tokyo for free, collaborating with a few other individual who donate their time as well. It's no wonder they can't add 24p in a short amount of time.
Man! I take these forums too seriously. It took me way too long for this joke to hit me upside the head!

Meanwhile... I'm jazzed 24p is coming to the 5D. In the meantime there are a number of workarounds reported here and elsewhere months ago, and there's the 7D and GH1 as well. 5D just became a definite keeper with this announcement.
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if they also added 60p to the same firmware upgrade for the sport and event shooters. 60p would give the ability to do the smooth slow motion.
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM   #48
Regular Crew

This is soooooooooooooo freakin awesome! Thanks canon, you've made my day.
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:34 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Daniel, that is a potential "post of the century" candidate you have there. Brilliant stuff.
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM   #50
Wizard Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
[...]This gives you the false impression that [Tramm is] just a single guy working in his basement somewhere. [...]
I would just like to correct the record: at no time have I attempted to mislead people by claiming that I am programming in a basement. None of my locations around the world have basements.

Other than that one exception, your post is 100% accurate.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:40 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Daniel, hilarious... thanks for the laughs. I second the motion for "post of the century" candidature.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM   #52
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramm Hudson View Post
I would just like to correct the record: at no time have I attempted to mislead people by claiming that I am programming in a basement. None of my locations around the world have basements.

Other than that one exception, your post is 100% accurate.
LOL...what about spare bedroom???
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM   #53
Major Player

In fact the firmware is finished and ready to download. Or is there anyone who believe it is different from the one in 7D?

The reason why we have to wait a few more months is that the legal department in Tramm Towers basement and Canon's alcoholic attorney wont be able to come to an agreement on the royalties and rights in shorter time.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM   #54
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
Tramm Hudson is not an actual human being. "Magic Lantern" is actually the name of a multi-billion dollar corporation tasked with developing and improving the 5D2 firmware, and "Tramm" is just the alias used by dozens of their top software engineers. This gives you the false impression that it's just a single guy working in his basement somewhere.
I heard TRAMM/Hudson Corp. is actually a branch of Skynet.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:23 AM   #55
Major Player

Hey Guys damn this is good news. I always trusted my instinct that something will come good to the 5D. Thank you for the laught too. Do you think Edge finder is too hard to add to the firmware along with the super good new 24p and 25p capable of the 5D. Or maybe we have to wait for Tram to making that happen????
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM   #56
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Nah, the Tyrell Corporation.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM   #57
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Binder View Post
Nah, the Tyrell Corporation.
Oh, that's a relief -- I kind of had my suspicions that he was working for Keyser Söze.

-- peer
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Parker View Post
Daniel, that is a potential "post of the century" candidate you have there. Brilliant stuff.
Daniel made me giggle. lolz.
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #59
Regular Crew

To bring back some seriousness :) Is anybody else concerned that the frame rate update could mess up Magic Lantern? I mean the conversion obviously will be done in software and will need extra processing power. Just a thought.

I must say I'm generally concerned when I see that ML gets bigger and bigger with each release. Are the processors in the 5D really that underemployed? All I really need from ML is the AGC deactivation and maybe the histogram. Therefore a "light" version with autoboot added that safely works on a future 24/25/30 fps 5D would be sufficient for me.
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:58 AM   #60
Regular Crew

I second that.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD