DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Eos 5d mark 2 problem? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/466926-eos-5d-mark-2-problem.html)

Gustavo da Luz November 1st, 2009 09:29 AM

Eos 5d mark 2 problem?

Hi everyone...
October 15th buy the 5D, last firmware, etc, ok.
October 16th, 17th, etc... everything works great.
October 29th some fliker when panning on video mode.
October 30th start to freeze frames and drop frames.

Whats happened? Hardware or firmware problem?

I had 15 days to test the machine, the house where I bought will exchange a new one. Does the new camera comes with the same problem?

Steve Maller November 1st, 2009 09:32 AM

The 5D Mark II can have problems with certain CF cards, or with a CF card that hasn't been formatted in the camera. Try switching cards, and make sure you format the cards in the camera.

Gustavo da Luz November 1st, 2009 09:37 AM

I forgot to say. It happens even without being in rec.

Erik Andersen November 1st, 2009 01:35 PM

So when it happens when you're not recording, are you sure anything is actually going wrong? The progressive image will produce a flicker or strobe effect while panning.

Can you upload a short clip that shows what happens when you are recording?

Can you tell us what cards you are using?

Gustavo da Luz November 1st, 2009 03:55 PM

Hi...
The card is a Lacor 16Gb PRO...
I switch on the lcd and before i start rec i can see like a drop frame and the flicker.
Here is the short clip, first with drop frame, second with alot of flicker.
I see various clips from 5D and i dont see anything like these.
NOTE: Only drop frame and flicker, the other thing like horizontal cut line is from vimeo.

password: canon

if the clip is not available its because is still converting by vimeo

Erik Andersen November 2nd, 2009 12:40 AM

I downloaded the original file, there are two missing frames in the first shot. Doesn't look good at all. Lacor, not a brand I've ever heard of. What's the write speed on this card? Have you tried other cards? Maybe something by Lexar or Sandisk, the cards most of us use? I've also used Kingston 133x, but use UDMA cards if you have the budget.

By the way, do you see your buffer indicator showing up on the screen?

Gustavo da Luz November 2nd, 2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Andersen (Post 1441554)
I downloaded the original file, there are two missing frames in the first shot. Doesn't look good at all. Lacor, not a brand I've ever heard of. What's the write speed on this card? Have you tried other cards? Maybe something by Lexar or Sandisk, the cards most of us use? I've also used Kingston 133x, but use UDMA cards if you have the budget.

By the way, do you see your buffer indicator showing up on the screen?

Hi Erik. Its a Lacor Pro 155x. I thing its good. I tried Sandisk and its the same.
I never see the buffer up. When i start record its show up one square, thats it, never shows again. Maybe the 5D has problems, i dont know.

Bill Binder November 2nd, 2009 10:39 AM

Remember that changing the aperture on-the-fly can cause dropped frames, and using the automatic focus (contrast detect) will often brighten the exposure for a sec. However, locked down, neither should occur.

Erik Andersen November 2nd, 2009 10:57 AM

The only time I've had a dropped frame is if I shot a still while recording. So I think there is a problem with your camera.

Gustavo da Luz November 2nd, 2009 04:38 PM

Well, I'll have to wait to receive a new 5D. Thank you all. :)