Shooting interviews for PAL DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 7th, 2009, 03:53 AM   #1
Major Player

Shooting interviews for PAL DVD

I've got to shoot some interviews on my 5d mkii next week and am wondering how i'm going to sort out the audio. I have a rode NTG2 mic but could probably rent a zoom or something like that. The problem is i'll have to change the frame rate to 25fps so my audio is going to be out of sync?
In the past i've been doing stuff for the web so have been able to stay in 30fps, but going to dvd is causing me a lot of headaches.

What are other people in PAL land doing to get round these problems until the long awaited 25p firmware arrives?

Cheers
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Could you shoot and edit in 30p and export a PAL file for DVD ?
Dave Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Major Player

I did a couple of tests with a sennheiser radio mic straight out of the camera. Not great, but ok for this job which will be largely visual. even the onboard mic wasn't as bad as i was expecting. Changing the frame-rates in compressor to 25 didn't seem to cause any problems that i can see/hear. I'm looking to buy an Olympus LS10 soon, but for this i think i can get away with the old set up.
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD