Gearnex makes for smooth moves at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Major Player

Gearnex makes for smooth moves

My Gearnex head arrived this week, beautifully built as promised. I set it up in the office and can't pass without giving it a spin.
Its a bit of overkill for the Canon 5D mkII but damn is it smooth! The Gearnex was announced just before NAB and numerous improvements made as they went through the production process. I believe this will be a classic, especially for Red owners.
My priorites have changed since first using the 5DmkII, I'm committed to the smaller form factor cameras (as long as they have really big sensors). That means the new Gearnex has to go soon, but I will keep it around for a short while. It is just too much fun to spin those wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Gearnex makes for smooth moves-gearnex-canon.jpg  
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dennis:

You obviously have problems and need to seek help. The Gearnex makes me drool all over my desk but yes, it is a bit of overkill for the 5D MKII.

Too bad you can't keep it.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Major Player

yeah - usually I'd use it with the HDX 900 or the EX 3 fully loaded but the Canon looks so cute sitting up there.
Now if I had a 600mm or a Panavision lens for it I woulnd't be sick - I'd be a visionary.
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Re: Gearnex makes for smooth moves

Out of curiosity, what was the price for this? I got to play with geared heads and loved the precision.

Edit: Ok, I found the price...$7500. Not bad for a geared head, I thought it was going to be over $10k.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD