Dust specks removal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dust specks removal

Just wanted to share this. I have just purchased and used Digital Heaven Reincarnation plug in for FCP that is designed for correcting dead pixels on the camera sensor. I had some nasty dust specks on a few shots I wanted to use but could not on account of the dust specks. The pug in completely corrected my shots to the extent that they can be used as if there were never any problem with them.
Plug in is very simple to use and very efficient. It is limited to cover area of 8 X 8 pixels, which was sufficient in my case.
Hope this will help to others as it helped me.

Last edited by Daniel Ridicki; November 28th, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Daniel Ridicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Thanks very much for that info which may prove very useful the next time that I find footage ruined with dust specks.

I took a look at the Digital Heaven website & there are some other useful plugins & software. I bought the WhipPan & Subtitle Plug-ins that are just perfect for a project that my wife is in the middle of editing. Plug-ins | Digital Heaven - The Hottest Tools for the Coolest Apps I also couldn't resist the bargain offer price on the Loader application that should help us be a little more methodical in the way we set up directory trees for Final Cut projects Digital Heaven - The Hottest Tools for the Coolest Apps
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

This is interesting.

I was so thrilled to have saved a few of great shots that were ruined by dust, that I thought there would be more guys with the same problem.

I was shooting in India and in the course of changing lenses I have obviously got some dust specks on my chip, that I only noticed after downloading clips to my computer. Some of the shots were irreplaceable and I was quite desperate for it. So, I posted this info believing it would help other guys.

I must also say that guys from Digital Heaven provide just great support.

Thanks for sharing your experience with DH. I will also buy their subtitle plug in, to subtitle the documentary I am producing at the moment. Good to know you are happy with it.

Cheers.
Daniel Ridicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Major Player

Just want to warn some fellow 5D-enthousiasts here: not only changing lenses can get dirt on the sensor. Also using zoom lenses like the 24-105, which is frequently sold in a package with the 5D MkII, can get you in trouble: the construction of this zoom works like a vacuum cleaner and each zoom operation will suck dust into your camera! I use my cams in very dusty surroudings for still photography, mainly with this lens, and I'v spent a fortune on cleaning swabs.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD