Most popular accessories - and a few questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Most popular accessories - and a few questions

Ok, so I'm about to pick up a 5D and 2x HM100s. I intend to enjoy the photo capabilities of the 5D, but will primarily be using it for video. The 2 100s are really just going to be interview cams. Wide & Tight.

Where's the thread and why ain't it stuck: "The Top 10 Other Things To Buy When Your Purchase Your 5D"? Or if that's too subjective - how about "The 5 other things I bought and loved plus the 1 waste of $"

Tim did something similar in his free sample review of the HM100 - get this adapter, buy this power kit, etc - helpful. I need the same advice on the 5d. I see lots of accessories, like breakout boxes, etc...I dunno about all that jazz and what I really need to shoot video - with a modest, but solid budget. I have been and will continue to search this incredible resource, but wouldn't mind a pointer.

I plan on using a higher-end video tripod, as I have one, and will essentially be shooting it like a video camera (as best I can)...are those ridiculous looking shoulder mounts really useful?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD