Does video peaking function exists and cavision or zacuto - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Avey

thanks for sharing

i must be doing something wrong as my sony tcd-d8 just does not sound all that great anymore.

paul
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chiu View Post
I have search all over for some software mod to provide peaking on the 5dm2 but only find one external hdmi monitor with peaking for focus aid.
is this it?

also, i bought the zacuto Z finder but still have not glued it as someone mentioned the 6x cavision viewfinder that needs no glue and can be attached nicely to the 5dm2 with a swing away plate.
i wear reading glasses, so which is better for focusing, absent of peaking?

thanks!
paul
I have a Marshal and the 720p doesn't bother me at all. I haven't purchased the zacuto yet, but I probably will. On a tripod I have no problem shooting with a jacket over my head and magnifying glasses. (I got over that embarrassment from shooting large format.)
On a shoulder rig it seems Zacuto is the way to go. I suggest doing whatever the newsies here are doing.

A side note for people who don't wear glasses: Is it you or the monitor? I don't wear glasses yet but my minimum focus distance gets longer as I get older. Strong cheap drugstore reading glasses reduce minimum focus length to whatever distance one wants. I expect people who wear glasses know this, but I didn't. With a small monitor I wear reading glasses at the end of my nose. Maybe not the look you're going for, but some sacrifices must be made for the craft.
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #18
Major Player

Don,

we are suffering from Presbyopia.
Sorry, but we are getting that middle age issue most have.

we cannot see stuff close to our eyes and yes, reading lens is required.
in my case, as much as +1.50 which the Z Finder provides coverage for.
The Cavision viewfinder too, but anymore than +2.00, no.

paul
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:23 PM   #19
Major Player

Z finder maybe too sharp

now i can even see the dead/stuck pixels on my canon 5dm2 LCD panel.
without the Z finder, i would not have noticed them.

lucky i do not have any inside the camera.
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD