DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Viewfinder Options (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/470459-viewfinder-options.html)

Tyler Franco January 4th, 2010 11:39 PM

Viewfinder Options

Does anyone know of any type of review that compares the different viewfinder options for the Canon 5D Mark II? The Zacuto looks great but is very pricy. I would like to compare it to other options or at least KNOW what my other options are.

Thanks!

Richard Gooderick January 6th, 2010 03:06 AM

LCDVF Digital SLR Viewfinder / Magnifier Review

I've got an LCDVF.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Tyler Franco January 6th, 2010 10:41 PM

Thanks Richard!

Jason Bach January 7th, 2010 04:34 PM

look for the the Cyclops from Cinevate to hit soon

Dennis Wood January 7th, 2010 06:08 PM

Cyclops is a bit different in that you'll be able to use it from as far back as 36 inches, and for folks like me who wear glasses, will be usable without removing them or adjusting diopter. We've been working a great deal with Sport's Illustrated's Bill Frakes and Laura Heald of late. Cyclops therefore has been modified to ensure that professional still photographers would find the system as useful as those just shooting video. If you're one of the lucky few attending one of these Nikon events, you'll see Bill and Laura with a pile of our gear although we made them send Cyclops back :-)

Cheers
Dennis Wood
Cinevate: DSLR Rigs, Camera Sliders, Follow Focus and More

Jeremy Hunt January 7th, 2010 09:19 PM

I just got my LCDVF in the mail and have been playing with it for the last couple of hours. Granted, I don't have a Zacuto or Cyclops to compare but the LCDVF is excellent. It's attachment is solid and positive and very easy to put on and take off. It's optics are razor sharp and the build quality is excellent.

All this and it comes with two mounting frames, a neoprene pouch, eyecup pad, and lanyard. To top it off, $159. It is a no-brainer for me.

Richard Gooderick January 8th, 2010 03:25 PM

5Dmk2 used as a camcorder.

Here's some footage I shot yesterday with my LCDVF, the 5Dmk2 and a Rode stereomic.
A big attraction of this camera is that it's not very obvious. I've been wanting to see what I could get with the minimum of gear. I would have looked a right prat wandering around with a shoulder support. This rig was scarcely noticed. I whipped the LCDVF off whenever I wasn't using it and stuffed it in my pocket.
Lens is the Canon F4 24-105 IS. F5.6 at 50fps using a Fader ND for aperture control. The daylight was fading and the ISO was very high.
I will post some more footage that I shot at Christmas with different lenses and in different conditions.
This is just to demonstrate the stability and effectiveness of the LCDVF. I'm not asking for a critique of the film: