5DMk11 won't display properly through Matrox Mini at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 5th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

5DMk11 won't display properly through Matrox Mini

I have the Matrox Mini connected to a Sony Bravia 1080p. 5Dmk11 footage injested into FCP through MPEG streamclip as ProRes LT won't playback back on the TV...plays fine in the FCP Viewer.

If I move the clips into a 601 sequence which already has Xha1 video on it, the 5D clips play back fine as part of that sequence.

Is this a bug with FCP or Matrox? The Canon is 1080p, the tv is a genuine 1080p display, yet it will only display "stills" and scrubbing when the Canon footage is on a timeline properly set up to display it. Matrox doesn't have an answer to this...do you?

I changed over from Black Magic to the Matrox Mini precisely because the Black Magic Intensity Card does not display 1080p and the Matrox Mini does.

Perhaps the problem is with the frame rates of the XHAI 29.97 whereas the 5D's 30fps?????

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD