REVISED v.2.0.4 -- Canon 5D Mark II 2.0.4 Firmware (24p) Available - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Sorry Olof,

It's 5:00 am in Finland, not the brightest moment for my brain... I need my morning coffee.
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #62
Sponsor: Westside AV

Hannu, it happens to me all the time.

Is it still real wintry in your part of Suomi. My mothers family is from Turku, and I have heard it is a really hard winter there still. Lots of ice problems in Turku even.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #63
Regular Crew

You are right winter stay still cold and my area middle of Finland about 0.7 meter snow. Not even one time so warm that snow will fall down from the roof. Not at all normal...
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #64
Trustee

the new 2.0.4 firmware is out. No problems with the C modes for me although I do not use them. Still trying to figure out the best manual audio level setting for the MKE400 mic input.
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #65
Obstreperous Rex

Jeff has already updated the opening post of this thread with the download links for the recently revised firmware version, 2.0.4 (thanks Jeff!)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #66
Trustee

When I downloaded the new firmware 2.0.4 it immediately affected my computer. After a lot of delving it seemed to have affected a rundll.exe file and I've managed to change the rundll and also deleted the Canon 2.0.4 firmware file. Now my PC runs perfectly again.

It seems more likely that something was latched on to the 2.0.4 firmware file during download. Not something that should happen from an official Canon site, but at least I've sorted it out before I tried to go any further or cause problems with CF cards or the camera.

I'm not so keen on trying another download from Canon and will leave it a few days to make sure nobody else has had problems. By the way, I downloaded via the firmware update pages of Canon UK and not Canon USA.

Strangley, I didn't actually have any problems with the earlier 2.0.3 firmware and that seems to be functioning OK.
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #67
Major Player

I also had a sudden rundll.exe error shortly after downloading the 2.0.4 firmware.

Pat
Pat Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #68
Trustee

I have now re-downloaded a second time, this time from the Canon USA website and this time everything seems Ok...so I can breath a sigh of relief.

Pat, regarding the rundll problem, I would suggest that you do the same as me. The error will probably try to shut down any part of your system where it is located, for example if it is located in Documents it will try to close documents page, if in Pictures it will try to close the main pictures file page each time you open it. A couple of warning boxes will appear and one will probably be a rundll.exe warning and also probably an explorer shut down warning box. If this happens, first go to your downloads page and delete the 5D 2.0.4 firmware downloaded file, then go to your Recycle bin and empty it.
Now locate the problem rundll file and either delete it if it is not a working file, or if it is connected to an important sytem file then simply rename the rundll by adding 1 in front of it.

For example, if it is latched to your Nero and you are using Vista, simply do this fix:

1. Click "Start" then go to Computer, your main drive, program files, common files, Ahead, DSfilter.

2. Rename "NeroVideoProc.ax" to say "1NeroVideoProc.ax"

3. Rename "NeVideo.ax" to say "1NeVideo.ax"

4. Reboot

5. Problem fixed!
(Note, this fix will probably also work if you miss action 2 and only rename as in 3).

When you now try to open the main located Documents or Picture page containing the problem rundll Vista may try to open a warning box again, but this will quickly disappear (depending how fast your system is working) and all systems will then return to normal.

Now go back to the Canon US website and download the new firmware again and all should run smoothly.

Regarding updating the firmware in the camera, I prefer to do it using EOS Utility rather than via a card reader. Downloading the firmware direct to the 5D Mark II using the Camera Settings/Remote Shooting option in EOS Utility seems to work well for firmware updates without the need of a CF-card reader.
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #69
Major Player

Thanks Tony,

How do you locate the problem rundll file(s)? I have gotten rid of the firmware update file, and I am not getting rundll error warnings on reboot. I am, however, having some functionality issues with Windows XP SP3. For example, when I right click on any file in explorer to open it up in a selected application, the menu box only shows an outline with no text within it.

Pat
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #70
Trustee

Windows Host Process Rundll32 is probably the problem.

I've got a feeling that this will fix your problem if you follow the instructions given in my previous post for re-nameing "Nevideo". I would also suggest that you make sure all Windows updates are in place before checking if all is working OK and going ahead with another download of the firmware from Canon.

If that doesn't work, then try this:

1. Click on Start Button, and type msconfig in the search box type; hit the enter key on the keyboard. It should open the System Configuration Utility window.

2. Click on Services over the top and then at the bottom right corner, put a check in the "Hide all Microsoft services" checkbox.

3. Click on "Disable All" button.

4. Click on "Startup" tab, and then click on "Disable All" button again.

5. Press OK button and then "Restart" button on the following window. Let the computer restart.

6. Once you are back on the desktop, a window for System Configuration Utility will appear. Put a check in the box "Don't Show....." and then press OK button.

7. Re-check the issue. If the issue is resolved, open System Configuration Windows again and then enable all the services from Services tab and then check the issue after restarting the computer in the same way as mentioned above.

8. If the issue is still unresolved, enable half of the Startup items from Startup tab and then check issue.

9. If issue occurs again, it means there is a problem in the checked startup items. But if issue doesn't occur, then the issue could be with the rest of the Startup items. Now, uncheck the first half startup items (that were checked before), and then check rest of the half items. Check the issue again.

10. Now, if the issue occurs, make a note of all the names of the startup items and then follow the same procedure. Be careful, as by design the System Configuration will sort all the enable startup items to the top. So, it means all the entries would be mixed on next reboot. From now on you need to make a note of all the entries that you're enabling or disabling.

On another note, try to use Mozzila Firefox as your browser as this tends to make things run much faster and does not have so many problems as when starting Internet via the Explorer icon.
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #71
Major Player

Thanks Tony!

Pat
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #72
Regular Crew

Hi.
I have a brand new MkII - with installed 2.0.4 software and a 24-105 Canon optics. I just realise - the image stabilizer don`t works (by pressing the shutter button halfway) on any programs (M, P, Tv, Av) except the two automatic. But it works fine on all programs during Live View. Can someone test it to know - if its a bug in the new sofware or a problem only with my Camera? Thanks a lot.
Ivan Mosny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM   #73
Wizard Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Mosny View Post
Can someone test it to know - if its a bug in the new sofware or a problem only with my Camera?
My 70-200 f/2.8 IS works in all modes with 2.0.4.
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:52 AM   #74
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Mosny View Post
Hi.
I have a brand new MkII - with installed 2.0.4 software and a 24-105 Canon optics. I just realise - the image stabilizer don`t works (by pressing the shutter button halfway) on any programs (M, P, Tv, Av) except the two automatic. But it works fine on all programs during Live View. Can someone test it to know - if its a bug in the new sofware or a problem only with my Camera? Thanks a lot.
Just checked with my 24-105 and it works perfectly on all programs.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:50 AM   #75
Regular Crew

Thanks guys. I did spoke to Canon and the camera will be changed to other one.
Ivan Mosny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD