Video Camera to compliment the 5D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Video Camera to compliment the 5D

I have the 1D IV and will be picking up the 5D II after I sell my EX1r, and will want to replace that camera with a less expensive one.

I want to take advantage of the L Glass I have and just have a solid video camera to use for tripod.

Looking at the Panasonic HMC150, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Trustee

I have an HMC-150 and an EX1. I love them both, but I'm going to sell one. The beauty of the HMC-150 is that it's CCD, so much better for motion. Lighter too. The EX1/R is better fro film transfer however. As with any camera, there will be supporters an detractors.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #3
Major Player

I have the HMC150.. fine camera.. focus ring gets gummy when ambient temp approaches freezing point. Something to consider if you anticipate a lot of outdoor shooting in the cold. Best low light/gain performance of all the 1/3 sensor cameras..

No small sensor video cameras will match the "look" of the 5D2 when light is low. Other than that, you can CC footage from both cameras to get them to look pretty close color wise.

Actually contemplating selling my HMC150.. I no longer have a need for a camcorder locked down on a tripod...
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Sell your EX1r???? Why? Do you shoot live events or more docs and movs?

I've found the DSLR's don't do so well while do live events for wedding ceremonies and such.

I'd rather use the 7D for more stylized stuff.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD