Canon pulls Firmware 2.0.3 update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon pulls Firmware 2.0.3 update

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - EOS Digital SLR Cameras - Lenses - Flashes - Wireless File Transmitters - EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Upgrade 2.0.3 - Canon USA Consumer Products
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Important Update Information for
Firmware Update Version 2.0.3

We recently discovered a malfunction that occurs with Firmware Version 2.0.3, in which the manual recording levels for C1/C2/C3 are changed and the EOS 5D Mark II digital SLR camera becomes unable to record audio if the power is turned off (or if Auto power off takes effect) after registering "Sound Recording: Manual" in the camera user settings. For customers who have already downloaded and updated to Firmware Update Version 2.0.3, when using the camera with the mode dial set to C1/C2/C3, please set the Sound Recording settings to Auto to record with audio.

We are currently preparing a new firmware that will correct this malfunction and have temporarily disabled the ability to download the current firmware until the issue can be resolved. We will re-enable the download link on our web site and notify you via e-mail when it becomes available. If you have not registered your EOS 5D Mark II, please register so we will be able to notify you.

Canon always strives to provide the highest quality products to our customers. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your kind patronage and support.
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Trustee

This has already been covered in the "sticky" thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...ailable-4.html
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #4
New Boot

As reported elsewhere FW 2..0.4 now available for download. A fast update from Canon.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Trustee

I actually had no problems with the 2.03 firmware...but, I've just downloaded the very latest 2.0.4 version from Canon UK and it has caused an immediate problem with my computer on completion of the download. I'm trying to sort out things at this moment...
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Already covered; please use this thread instead:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...ailable-4.html

Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD