Exporting 5dmk2 clips in Premiere CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Tourist

Exporting 5dmk2 clips in Premiere CS4

Hey there

I've been editing some clips from my 5dmk2. I didn't really consider converting them, so I ended up using proxies to cut and assemble the scene, and then I replaced the proxies with the original 5dmk2 files.
Then I hit enter, and thus created a preview. It looked nice.

But now if I choose to export it, no matter what settings I choose, Adobe Media Encoder crashes (or rather freezes) after the first couple of frames.

Is there any way to fix this? Or will I have to convert the footage?
Thanks
Marik Gogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Major Player

You should probably ask this on the Premiere forum, but it is easy to make a mistake with the proxie approach. An easier and better way is to just put the 5DII clips on the time line and render them for smooth editing. Premiere keeps track of the render files and then Media Encoder works okay with the original clips. A trick is that you will need to place an effect on at least one of the 5DII clips before Premiere will render - try a fade to black on the last clip.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD