Most disadvantages of DSLRs due to hybrid nature of cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 20th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Most disadvantages of DSLRs due to hybrid nature of cameras

I've written up a new blog in which I am pondering about the fact that most real issues (aliasing, line-skipping) we have with video on DSLRs is purely because of the fact that they are hybrid cameras that should stills along with video.

HD video with DSLRs – The good, the bad and the ugly.Part 1: the bad & the ugly | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Would love to get your thoughts on that!

I'll be writing up a follow-up on that shortly, dealing with the potential benefits this hybrid nature of the cameras could give us ...
Nino Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Last year

Is it just me or with the exception of the sentences at the end of the article on the Panasonic, is to quote my teenage daughter . . . so last year?

Personally, rather than a re-hash of the weaknesses of video on DSLR, which have been well covered and were covered as far back as the famous posts on the Red forum (re: moiré). How about a positive slant and talk about the fact that these cameras have caused the manufacturers to think in new ways leading to the development of some exciting hybrids on the horizon. Or did the Red camera do that?

Let's get on with the future and look forward to talking about the hybrids. Hope they cost the same as the EOS range ;-)

With regards

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Murray; April 20th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
Jeff Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for bringing some sanity to the dSLR world. There are many, many filmmakers - new and not so new who have mistakenly thought these cameras to be their holy grail. Spot on.
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I Watch the results of real world uses of the cameras, rather than listen to nay sayers and those that say "you can't".

On May 17, 2010, the final episode of "House" will air. It was shot entirely with the Canon 5D, according to the director. It should be a definitive day..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD