DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Canon 5D and Lilliput portable HD monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/478326-canon-5d-lilliput-portable-hd-monitor.html)

Marcello Mazzilli May 8th, 2010 04:56 AM

Canon 5D and Lilliput portable HD monitor

Can't get them to work together through HDMI port.
Lilliput HDMI INPUT works fine with any other HDMI source I have in my house
Canon 5D HDMI OUTPUT works fine with any other HDMI monitor I have around...
... but they will not work together

Any ideas?

My guesses...

1) Canon 5D has a 1440 (and not 1920) HDM output and this might create problems
2) HDMI involves also some sort of communication protocol between devices that Lilliput doesn't implement
3) Allthough it's a "standard" there are different HDMI versions depending on how power or some signals are handled

Monday I will try to see if converting Canon 5D to DVi and then DVi to HDMI again does the trick.. but any idea is wellcome

Josh Fung May 8th, 2010 05:15 AM

Got a lilliput LCD... HDMI works fine for me, however I've discovered i cannot change saturation or tint while in HDMI mode.. bit of a pain because need those to calibrate the monitors. otherthan that i'm pretty happy with it.

I've made myself a 7.4V to 12V converter with Canon batteries from my XHA1, and that works flawlessly, i've been able to use the power filter that comes with the LCD as well to smooth out the power input into the lcd.

Marcello Mazzilli May 8th, 2010 05:19 AM

But you have a Canon 5D ?
Because also for me works fine with other equipments. I tested with my BluRay player and is fine!
It's just with Canon 5D that doesn't work

M

Marcello Mazzilli May 8th, 2010 09:01 AM

Seems I made it... problems with cables.. now it works

Wayne Avanson November 24th, 2010 09:14 AM

Hi

Am considering getting one of these. Which would people recommend, the HDMI one or the USB one?

Cheers

Harry Simpson November 24th, 2010 09:19 AM

I've got the HDMI one and really like it. Didn't know there was a USB model.....wonder if that allows dual viewing?

Great asset for getting/changing focus while filming!

Marcello Mazzilli November 24th, 2010 11:56 AM

I think we are talking about the touch screen model that uses USB for touch screen info... otherwise.. I didn't know of USB model either

Wayne Avanson November 24th, 2010 11:57 AM

Thanks Harry,

does the image aspect stay 16:9 while recording? and does it fill the whole screen?
I heard something about (Marshalls I think it was) where the image shrank leaving a black border all round the pic and also, another one (can't remember the make) that changed the aspect to 4:3

Just wondering.

Cheers

Harry Simpson November 24th, 2010 04:08 PM

I think mine goes to 4x3 when recording and regular when in preview mode but it doesn't bother me for some reason. I'm just tickled to have a 7" monitor I can focus on.

Wayne Avanson November 25th, 2010 05:14 AM

Thanks again Harry. I'm thinking it would bother me. Maybe I should think again…

Cheers

Luc De Wandel November 25th, 2010 04:32 PM

I have a professional Sony OLED monitor, and the 5D MkII, connected via HDMI produces a black band around the complete image. Very ennoying, because this way I can only use 70% of the monitor's screen surface. Any solutions anyone?