syncing audio 5Dm2, Zomm H4n and Sony EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old May 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

syncing audio 5Dm2, Zomm H4n and Sony EX1

Solved drift issue with 5DM2 and Zoom H4n with Pluraleyes sync software per very helpful 25 hour post found here on DV Info.

25 Hour Day: DSLR Dual-System Audio: The 99.9% Solution

Issue now is - 5D footage is at 30 fps and I would like to shoot a second camera, my Sony EX1 and drop in into the FCP timeline as well - however the EX1 is running at 29.97 fps and I am assuming this would be an issue,

Wondering what a solution would be so that all 3 devices would sync and play nice together in FCP?

thanks in advance :)
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Someone will surely correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe with the previous Update for the 5DM2, we're now running 29.97.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Trustee

The latest firmware makes the 5D work at 29.97fps and cineform converts the files from older firmware updates to work with other cameras. If you haven't done the firmware update, you should carefully follow the procedures and get this done. If you have trouble editing your files, look into neoscene from cineform.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ah, thanks gentlemen, will update right away :)

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD