Fully Decoded LP-E6 Batteries for Canon 5D/7D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Fully Decoded LP-E6 Batteries for Canon 5D/7D

We have the fully decoded LP-E6 batteries for Canon 5D and 7D. They have the info-chip built-in so they function just like the Canon battery. It will show remaining battery level on LCD screen as well as charging with the original Canon chargers.

You can order them here
LP-E6 Fully Decoded Battery for Canon 5D MarkII 7D | L.A. Color Shop
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Trustee

If you place two non-Canon uncoded LP-E6 batteries inside the 5D-Mark II battery power grip, the battery level indicator will not show on the LCD screen.
However, if you place one original Canon LP-E6 next to a non Canon uncoded battery inside the dual-battery chamber, leave the back compartment door open, move the 5D power switch to 'on', and then close the battery compartment door...the LCD battery level indicator will display full as normal.

The above is not referring to the decoded battery which Taky mentions.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Trustee

I ordered two batt/charger kits less than a month ago.

Will you be accepting returns/exchanges for the batteries that work correctly?
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #4
Inner Circle

You can contact me through info@lacolorShop.com with your receipt email. Will see if there's anything I can do.

Btw, the batteries are sold out now. New stock comes in next Friday.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
We have the fully decoded LP-E6 batteries for Canon 5D and 7D. They have the info-chip built-in so they function just like the Canon battery.
I don't get this. Why would we want to pay $39 for some non-Canon batteries when the genuine Canon LP-E6 are selling for $29.83 including shipping:

Genuine OEM LP-E6 BATTERY FOR Canon 5D Mark II ,7D NEW - eBay (item 200476135062 end time Jun-23-10 22:27:36 PDT)

-- peer
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I tried to read through the ebay listing and I can't tell if that's a Canon brand or it's just third party. It said "Genuine OEM LP-E6 BATTERY" not Geniune Canon battery. I highly doubted that it is Canon brand. If it has the info-chip then it's a good buy. You can certain buy from ebay that ship from Asian and deal with warranty service that way too. it's a free market.

Btw, the Canon brand LP-E6 listed on Amazon is $103.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #7
Major Player

Those ebay ones are not genuine. There's a thread on Fred Miranda about this. If someone here gets one these, can you please test magic lantern with it.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Why buy from Taky? The fact that he is your fellow forum member who is a supporting
DV Info Net sponsor (shipping from within the U.S. instead of an unknown entity on
Ebay located in Hong Kong) should be the only reason you need.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD