DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Ants in panic or a field shot on 5D markII (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/482667-ants-panic-field-shot-5d-markii.html)

Anton Chernenko July 30th, 2010 07:50 AM

Ants in panic or a field shot on 5D markII

hi guys

I made a short movie on ants, check it out
my first movie edited in FCP, critics and comments are welcome

Bill Pryor July 30th, 2010 03:18 PM

That's cool. I like it.

Peer Landa July 30th, 2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Chernenko (Post 1553718)
critics and comments are welcome

Ants...?! HA -- sure is nice to see something different. Very cool. By the way -- early on, was that a slider you used to pan with?

-- peer

John Jay July 31st, 2010 08:46 AM

Ha Ha

I thought this was going to be a moire thread :)

Tore B. Krudtaa July 31st, 2010 01:58 PM

Sorry... but I did not get the "cool" vibrations watching this.

What will your next project be..... trowing a toddler bird out of it's nest, magically "filming" it in freefall before it crash into the ground, then chasing the poor thing when it tries to escape your "curiosity" for life.

What is so cool breaking up an ants nest, and "film" the ants rebuilding their nest... what?

Peer Landa July 31st, 2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tore B. Krudtaa (Post 1554149)
What will your next project be..... trowing a toddler bird out of it's nest, magically "filming" it in freefall before it crash into the ground, then chasing the poor thing when it tries to escape your "curiosity" for life.

Or even worse -- having chicken for dinner.

-- peer

Anton Chernenko August 4th, 2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peer Landa (Post 1553944)
Ants...?! HA -- sure is nice to see something different. Very cool. By the way -- early on, was that a slider you used to pan with?

-- peer

I only used manfrotto 701 fluid video head, no slider

Anton Chernenko August 4th, 2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tore B. Krudtaa (Post 1554149)

What is so cool breaking up an ants nest, and "film" the ants rebuilding their nest... what?

haha, I am glad you commented on this. But seriously, I am not going to be filming a falling bird nest or alike. I am a biologist and I study ants. I must admit I do collect lots of colonies per year and many of them are completely destroyed in the field but reestablished in the lab, so that we can have experiments with them. We do not do it for fun, since we are scientists (well, many scientists do their research for their own fun and little bit for a humankind)
with this very short project I was testing the camera and getting myself familiar with FCP, since I've never used it before and also wanted to make people more familiar with insects and how harmoniously do they work and try to rebuild the nest

Steev Dinkins August 4th, 2010 10:14 AM

ANTS!!! Well, this is controversial, but I gotta respond with my own ant video. It would be unlike me to not do so.

Please keep in mind, while ants are creatures too, they will get killed on the spot where they tread on my turf. That's just the way things go. I hate ants in my house. And everyone else does to. So I made my own darker nature video one morning.

Have a nice day!!

Anton Chernenko August 4th, 2010 10:22 AM

hehe
thats very sad video...lots of killed and tortured ants..
but nice editing!

Yeo Wee Han August 8th, 2010 12:24 AM

Both videos are a major turnoff. I see a destroyed habitat and the killing of natural history subjects without any educational value in both.

Anton,

I did not get any idea of how harmoniously they were in their "re-construction" of their nest. U covering them back gives the common public the wrong idea that they can go ahead and do the same thing and the ants will still be unharmed. If you really want to test or play around with your setup, why is there a need for such an action?

Steev,

Thanks for showing that. It sure puts you across as someone who does not really embrace the existence of ants.

No Cheers,

Weehan

Vic Owen August 8th, 2010 10:32 AM

Anton --

Fun clip, as a first effort... I think I've sat on logs like that!

Peer --

Do ants taste like chicken...?

:-)

Peer Landa August 8th, 2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Owen (Post 1556797)
Peer -- Do ants taste like chicken...? :-)

I think they do (I've never had chicken before).

-- peer